Toronto Peter and Adelaide | 152.39m | 47s | Graywood | BBB

That ground floor treatment just blends into making Peter Street the most dreadful street for a pedestrian to walk through in the downtown core. I'd actually go as far a saying it's in the Top 5 worst in Toronto from an urban realm perspective.

Whoever created this forum I believe the intention was to foster a positive atmosphere, the development progress updates for buyers and future residents etc...
Unfortunately, this become constant complaining does nothing to help others.
Posting those comments can help builder to change anything?

Whoever created this forum I believe the intention was to foster a positive atmosphere, the development progress updates for buyers and future residents etc...
Tone arguing/trolling doesn't help matters much here either...

...if folks are generally disgusted about something they see, then they have the right to express that. Along with praising it...as long as it done respectfully, in good taste and within the community rules here, it's on par for the course.

There is also an /ignore feature you can use if you find a bit much at times too. Hope this helps!

A short history of UrbanToronto via Wikipedia:

1685051522520.png

Suffice to say, UT has always had more than one purpose, and has continued to serve multiple user-communities; including, but not limited to those who are interested in architecture and design.

Its fair to say, that at times, in respect of projects that are particularly unpopular with many members, particularly due to architectural choices that complaints can become repetitive.

However, this forum is indeed, in part, about people expressing their views on such things. Sometimes, enough has been said and a bit more self-restraint would be nice; but its also fair that newer members may wish to chime in for the first time on a project, or perhaps as a project nears completion some may come back for an additional take.

At this point, criticism is almost certain to have no impact on this particular project; though, its possible (one can hope) that it might impact the developer or architects when they move on to their next project.

Elsewise @UtakataNoAnnex offers sage advice. I would also add, there is a Real Estate thread for this project that tends to be more populated by investors/prospective residents and which may have a different tone/information mix more to your liking.

That thread can be found here:

Last edited:
I've had major developers tell me they were sick of getting hit hard here on their designs and put effort into improving them.

Back