Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

Didn't Chinatown used to be mainly Jewish? But I guess that wouldn't have the best ring to it.
We need a station in Cabbagetown!
Are there any major churches near the locations of the stations?

They could go the same route as St Patrick and St Andrew stations.
Those were named after wards more so than just the church.

There is the Fu Sien Tong Buddhist Temple down the road. And the big church that blocks Adelaide continuing through Bathurst. I can't see this happening these days.

I actually like Fort York as a name for the station-- it's about as close to Fort York as Pioneer Village station is to the actual Pioneer Village. Aligns with naming the stations after major attractions nearby (Museum, Exhibition, Science Centre).

I believe Queen would have to be renamed to "Queen-Yonge" to match the Yonge-Bloor and Sheppard-Yonge station naming schemes. Same deal with Pape, being renamed to Pape-Bloor.
As far as I know Metrolinx policy is to keep the existing name of the interchange. Which is why "Yonge Station" on the Eglinton Line is, bizarrely, going to be just called Eglinton Station.

As far as I know Metrolinx policy is to keep the existing name of the interchange. Which is why "Yonge Station" on the Eglinton Line is, bizarrely, going to be just called Eglinton Station.

Well, in that case, Metrolinx needs to rethink their policy. Yonge-Eglinton is the more logical name for that station and in tune with existing naming convention of Sheppard-Yonge and Yonge-Bloor.

Osgoode station makes sense to keep the same name as it is named after a location in the vicinity of the station.

Same deal with Science Centre station, though, that station needs to be renamed as Flemingdon Park station is much closer to the Science Centre and makes more sense to be named as Science Centre. That's a different conversation.

Back