Toronto No. 31 Condos | 137.4m | 41s | Lanterra | Arquitectonica

June 15th 2022 and now entire lot footprint demolished and clean up should be done tomorrow

untitled-4.jpg

Smells like maybe the sewer line was broken for a number of years. Or in ground concrete septic

View attachment 410859View attachment 410860

Send in a 311.

Probably not the contractor's fault.....but.....but.........

Sometimes these things aren't reported right away lest someone be on the hook or just hassled over it..........

Want to make sure that gets look at ASAP.

Send in a 311.

Probably not the contractor's fault.....but.....but.........

Sometimes these things aren't reported right away lest someone be on the hook or just hassled over it..........

Want to make sure that gets look at ASAP.
No I'm sure it was there long before we came along. No worries it will all get trucked away soon enough.

No I'm sure it was there long before we came along. No worries it will all get trucked away soon enough.

I'm thinking more of if there's an ongoing leak; irrespective of when it started, that will need attending too.

Just ask the nice people at CIBC Square what happens when City infra next to your site is leaking......

On a related note, concerning Septic systems...........who here knew that there were still a material number of properties in the City of Toronto not hooked up the sanitary sewer system?

That's right, still on septic!

A report just this spring concerned building a new sanitary sewer to serve 55 homes on Ridgewood Road in Scarborough.

From the above:

1656699500328.png

I'm thinking more of if there's an ongoing leak; irrespective of when it started, that will need attending too.

Just ask the nice people at CIBC Square what happens when City infra next to your site is leaking......
But we have no infrastructure and I'm sure the old cast iron pipe that's present will be reused. Lol

Speaking of above. I've been watching the permits for over a month now and many have been marked Refusal Notice. And then 33 Parliament soon followed with same Refusal.

Drain and Site Service - Refusal
Plumbing - Refusal
Mechanical - Refusal
Partial Permit - Under Review
New Building - Examiners Notice Sent

ANewBuilding.JPGAPartial Permit.JPGADrain and Site Service.JPGAPlum.JPGAMech.JPG

Last edited:
Passed by the site this morning and noticed a couple interesting things. First cutting of the sidewalk to find the original water shut off valve, funny, imagine pouring new sidewalks and covering a water shut off valve for the poor owners. Anyway new valve installed and water is now off for 31 Parliament. And what the excavator is removing is even more interesting. Hundreds of steel pipes under the ground and or in concrete down the entire site. Geothermal underground heating possibly, only thing I can think of. Look closely and you can see the mass of pipes in the pile. And old water shut off valve encased in a block of concrete.

289940286_904785410478636_144211021856707620_n.jpg

A little history of 31 - 33 Parliament Street. Pre Parliament Street actually. And this area was always Gooderham & Worts land. A grain elevator at its Victorian peak, 1896 DHD once stood on the sites of 31-33 Parliament and the lake on the south, railroad between the grain elevator and Gooderham building still present today.
After the war, the Toronto Harbour Commission returned to implementing its ambitious 1912 waterfront development plan. This involved dramatically extending the shoreline south of Gooderham & Worts. Sometime between 1926 and 1937, the grain elevator disappeared from the landscape … and modern memory. Then gained the name of Ghost Buildings.

Grain Elevator.JPG

Last edited:
G&W’s 1889 site plan identifies the Stone Distillery and nearby buildings. Parcel 1 - 31 Parliament, 33 Parliament and Parcel 2 - 31R

Parcel 1.JPG

Back