Toronto Lower Don Lands Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

The Docks:
It was looking like a potential Darwin nomination but help arrived.
I wonder what the future holds for this property? If the airport ever closed, their property value would skyrocket. One of the best views of the city without taking a boat.

9ADD4C94-720F-47F3-AB3E-D15DEACC59CC.jpeg

E72E7FCF-9DC1-40CA-B452-D59E69EB3A0B.jpeg

BA8BB8E6-DF36-4742-8AD4-27DD8D0B65A9.jpeg

This photo was posted by Rocky on Twitter, it seems to be towards the east end of the new river valley. The text reads:

Rocky

@TheRockRipper
·
Feb 25

That concrete structure is a carp gate. It’s kind of like the entry for a roller coaster. Except instead of ‘you must be this tall to ride’, it’s ‘you must be this small to enter this awesome wetland.’

1679150125703.png

Hi everyone,
I showed a high school science teacher (biology, ecology, chemistry, environment) some of the progress on Port Lands recently. Immediate reaction was ""I'd like some info on the project and may get my students to study this"". Does anyone have a suggestion on where to look for or if there is a communication package geared to students for this?
Much appreciated. Thanks.

Hi everyone,
I showed a high school science teacher (biology, ecology, chemistry, environment) some of the progress on Port Lands recently. Immediate reaction was ""I'd like some info on the project and may get my students to study this"". Does anyone have a suggestion on where to look for or if there is a communication package geared to students for this?
Much appreciated. Thanks.

Contact Waterfront Toronto and/or Toronto Regional Conversation Authority - they might even have site tours. Also look up the Environmental Assessment Report for the project. There are also some ecology-focused videos on the WT Youtube page.

AoD

Back