Toronto Love Park | 3m | 1s | City of Toronto | CCxA

If this comes out close to rendering, I can see it becoming an iconic spot in Toronto. One that would be recognizable... I can see locals going but even more so tourists... I can see it being a spot where they'll film scenes for movies that are shooting in Toronto.
One day, there will be a movie set in Toronto with a mystery puzzle scavenger hunt type plot. And one of the clues were to find the "watery heart of the city". Or something a proper script-writer can come up with...

If this comes out close to rendering, I can see it becoming an iconic spot in Toronto. One that would be recognizable... I can see locals going but even more so tourists... I can see it being a spot where they'll film scenes for movies that are shooting in Toronto.
Maybe its real name should be Instagram Park.

Waterfront Toronto began work on York Street Park (Love Park) in July 2021, which will be a 2-acre park located at the southern foot of York Street and Queens Quay West in the southern Financial District and Harbourfront neighbourhood.

As early as February 22, our contractor for York Street Park, Somerville Construction, will begin demolition work to remove two unexpected concrete obstructions that were discovered during excavations for the pond and small maintenance building in the park.

Increased noise is expected during the drilling, as well as a moderate increase in construction vehicle traffic. Demolition work is expected to be complete within 10 days and will take place between the hours of 7am-7pm Monday to Friday in compliance with the City’s noise By-law.

The week of February 28, concrete pouring for the pond wall is expected to begin. This work is expected to take 5-7 days to complete. There will be an increase in construction vehicle traffic as well as truck staging around the construction site. Construction vehicle access will remain on York Street between Harbour Street and Queens Quay West.

20220219_152548.jpg
20220219_152552.jpg

Back