Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

I think when they make changes to the agenda it changes the "DocumentId" number which is annoying. So it's now "81878" but when @ShonTron posted the link it was "81694". I wish munis like Brampton would use the software that Toronto uses and not escribemeetings. cc @Northern Light

Just so this doesn't happen again, I've downloaded the report and added it to G Drive here.

Also, the staff report has an Appendix 1 in a separate document. I've downloaded it to G Drive here.

Screenshot below.

1683313296807.png

1683313312639.png

Last edited:
This new table in the document is directly from Patrick Brown's nonsensical words at the February LRT workshop. Funny how the actual number of stops and lengths of projects are left out of the comparison and buried in a separate appendix not included in the package. $3B for a 2km, 4 stop tunnel is a terrible business case, use the $3B cost argument to extend the LRT surface route to Sandalwood. I will ensure Council is on full blast if they end up dropping the surface route as is being signalled.

1683321807237.png

Last edited:
This new table in the document is directly from Patrick Brown's nonsensical words at the February LRT workshop. Funny how the actual number of stops and lengths of projects are left out of the comparison and buried in a separate appendix not included in the package. $3B for a 2km tunnel is a terrible business case, use the $3B cost argument to extend the LRT surface route to Sandalwood. I will ensure Council is on full blast if they end up dropping the surface route as is being signalled.

View attachment 474509
Will the stations for a Brampton underground LRT be close together, like the Line 1 Yonge leg south of Bloor; or far apart, like the Line 1 Yonge leg between Eglinton & Sheppard stations? If far apart, then they'll need a local bus service (like the 15 30 minute headways of the 97 Yonge bus)? Adding a local bus would mean an increase in the operational budget.

I think they should tunnel from eglinton to port credit if this gets passed.

Actually keep it the way it is and get all day go to cooksville.

Last edited:
I wonder if the hope is that some party at some point - either this one when it’s inevitably on the ropes, or one in waiting that wants to secure seats - will end up promising money to Brampton in hope of clinching Brampton’s seats.

BTW, the reasons for the tunneled option are not compelling, and a case study in how Canadian Ontario cities manage to deliver less transit for more $$$.

I wonder if the hope is that some party at some point - either this one when it’s inevitably on the ropes, or one in waiting that wants to secure seats - will end up promising money to Brampton in hope of clinching Brampton’s seats.

BTW, the reasons for the tunneled option are not compelling, and a case study in how Canadian Ontario cities manage to deliver less transit for more $$$.
Of course the case isn’t compelling. In fact it’s so pathetic is not even a case. If it is a case, it is a case against spending the money. And yet again if Brampton gets its way I don’t see why other municipalities or areas would ever settle for lesser. Just keep pressing until you get what you want no matter how ludicrous it is.

Of course the case isn’t compelling. In fact it’s so pathetic is not even a case. If it is a case, it is a case against spending the money. And yet again if Brampton gets its way I don’t see why other municipalities or areas would ever settle for lesser. Just keep pressing until you get what you want no matter how ludicrous it is.

I agree, judging by government shortchanging of Brampton on most fronts, I expect this position to delay all potential progress further north until someone on council steps up and demands we progress the surface study past the 30% design documents this spring.

The tunnel is a compromise for NiMBys and downtown interests to keep heat off council and point the finger at other levels of government who have already indicated at Brampton board of trade talks that they don't see value in the tunnel costs.

It works in Brown's favour to kick the can down the road and avoid another LRT debate with a divided council. If Santos, Vicente, Toor, Brar, Singh and others agree to drop the surface route, it would be a betrayal to their progressive base who got them elected.

I wrote about the staff report and its findings. I argue that that the surface alignment is the only realistic option.

I wrote about the staff report and its findings. I argue that that the surface alignment is the only realistic option.

Could we maybe start a new thread for discussion of the extension?

I agree. the discussion between construction in Mississauga and future planning in Brampton belong together.
Right now both have a lot of updates going on. Next year once the line is opened, the Mississauga activity here will transition to occasional service concerns and focus shift to the Brampton extension that was originally planned.

I agree. the discussion between construction in Mississauga and future planning in Brampton belong together.
Right now both have a lot of updates going on. Next year once the line is opened, the Mississauga activity here will transition to occasional service concerns and focus shift to the Brampton extension that was originally planned.
You mean 2025 when service start. End of 2024 is supposed to be the completion of the line. It just like the Finch Line to be completed this year with service starting in 2024

There is no need for another thread for Brampton extension and if there is one, then we will have to do another one for the dumb city loop. In time there will be the expansion of the stations platforms to support 2 cars and that 10-20 years down the road.

A presentation regarding the engineering behind the line:

Starting at 35:15 future proofing of the line was briefly discussed including:
-platform extensions at all stations except at Cooksville GO
-Infill stations at World Drive, Skyway Drive and Highway 407
-Southern extension from Port Credit GO
-Northern extension from Brampton Gateway
-City Centre loop
-2 additional stabling tracks at the OMSF

Back