Toronto Galleria On The Park | 143.86m | 42s | Almadev | Hariri Pontarini

Yesterday:
IMG_20200205_170837.jpg
IMG_20200205_170914.jpg
IMG_20200205_171038.jpg
IMG_20200205_171115.jpg
IMG_20200205_171218.jpg

Noticed they found some asbestos in the area around where the bakery was which slowed them down for a few days. Everything seems to be proceeding now though.

Reactions: AHK
Freed verified that they were bought out from ELAD, which is why they're no longer involved on this project:

Freed was also an original partner with ELAD Canada on the ambitious mixed-use, master-planned Galleria on the Park redevelopment of the Galleria Shopping Centre site at Dufferin and Dupont Streets.

It was involved with the purchase and rezoning application before it was bought out from the project. Galleria is to comprise 2,846 residential units, nearly 300,000 square feet of retail and approximately 20,000 square feet of office space.

“We’re really proud of it and it was a really good experience working with ELAD on that development,” said Freed.

Last edited:
Freed verified that they were bought out from ELAD, which is why they're no longer involved on this project:

Thanks for post the article and the recent pics. Good to know the "official" answer.

I was thinking the very same thing when I read the article, they probably made some serious coin being bought out from the project.

Can't quite tell from these vantages -- is there now any remaining structure on any part of the site? I'd thought the plan was to leave some part of the mall intact while construction progressed on the rest of the site, but perhaps I'm misremembering.

Can't quite tell from these vantages -- is there now any remaining structure on any part of the site? I'd thought the plan was to leave some part of the mall intact while construction progressed on the rest of the site, but perhaps I'm misremembering.

The eastern half of the Galleria is still maintained during this time, which includes the TD bank, Rexall, pet store, Planet Fitness and Fresco.

I have a few older pics of where the incision was made, and the reconfigured interior:

Unbelievable that the developers chose that location to set up the concrete pulverization. They chose the only part of the demo site that borders neighbourhood houses. Hauled all the concrete waste from the rest of the site to pulverize it within a few meters of our backyards. Filled the air with dust and noise which we can't escape from because we are all asked to stay home due to the Covid-19 emergency. Seems extremely short-sited and lazy thinking on the developers part. Not impressed.

Last edited:

Back