Toronto Fabrik Condos | 56.99m | 17s | Menkes | Giannone Petricone

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Not sure if a thread already exists, the project description on the website is way too vague on what it really is.

http://www.marketvisionrealty.com/landsales/land_current.php

land_west.gif

This site is located in the Fashion District, west of Downtown Toronto. This 14,000 square feet land site is strategically located in an emerging neighborhood. Reflective of the local area in terms of height, massing and architectural form, and this development concept is envisioned to appeal to a young, urban, single person living in a small, well-designed suites. The neighborhood is a young and hip. The drawing reflects an attractive 16 storey slab structure with building with 11,500 square feet, highly efficient typical floor plate of smaller and marketable suites

I think this may be the Boymelgreen site at 525 Adelaide St West: http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.p...-W-Adelaide-Residences-(Boymelgreen-17s-Core)

It looks like it may be fronting on to Bathurst at the end of that lot maybe... pretty much right where the auction house currently sits? The Adelaide building you're talking about was sitting right on the corner and - at least in the rendering - this looks mid-block. If this was the case, the big white block to the left could be that Adelaide building and to the right could be the second building of 650 King. But who knows?

Is that still a rental building proposal?

Based on the rendering it appears as though it is on a one way street. My guess is on Adelaide and across from the rear of Fashion House. There is a vacant white building there and another brick one beside it and then the park on the other side.

To me, this looks like it would be on the south side of Richmond between Spadina and Brant, across from the Morgan. 477 Richmond St W would be the white block in the background...

It's not 525 Adelaide and it is not fronting on Bathurst, but I can't say which site it is.

If you found that page through my Twitter page, then thanks for coming by!

Oh no, the end of Nomad? (They did open another store further west on Queen recently...)

BMyers, I actually found the rendering before you.:p I posted the Church St rendering on UT several weeks ago (same website) but not this one as really they're both "placeholder" renders to show what is possible, not final real proposals.

I follow urbanation on twitter, so I know what I'm talking about.;)

You may have posted it online before I twittered it, but the broker selling the project works in my office, so I "found" it long before you!

I beleive the property is sold and the details of the developer that purchased the site will be made public soon.

Based on the rendering it appears as though it is on a one way street. My guess is on Adelaide and across from the rear of Fashion House. There is a vacant white building there and another brick one beside it and then the park on the other side.

I'm guessing you mean across the street from 10 Morrison and the Adelaide portion of Fashion House. Norman Rogul is in the white building on Adelaide that you have mentioned, and I know that Freed did make an offer for that property.

The funny thing is, what would be the tall white building in the background?

I'm guessing you mean across the street from 10 Morrison and the Adelaide portion of Fashion House. Norman Rogul is in the white building on Adelaide that you have mentioned, and I know that Freed did make an offer for that property.

The funny thing is, what would be the tall white building in the background?

Exactly and there is a few story brick building for lease/sale west of Norman Rogul as well. However, after looking at it again, the park to the east of Norman Rogul isn't evident in the rendering and the building behind is only a few stories so not sure now. I am starting to think maybe somewhere on Richmond Street or maybe even on Wellington between Portland and Spadina but haven't been there in awhile and don't know if there is any potential for further growth there.

Guys, yyzgyy already nailed the location earlier in the thread. The direction of the street (and the bend in it), and all the buildings, are consistent with this.

Back