Toronto Eaton Centre (Ongoing Renewal) | ?m | ?s | Cadillac Fairview | Zeidler

IMG_20240313_134740.jpg
IMG_20240313_140237.jpg

They seem to be doing all the same stuff at their new food hall at 1 York, and I have to say I've been disappointed with what I've tried so far. I've had a vindaloo from Curryosity, an eggplant parm sandwich from the Underground Sandwich, and a fried chicken sandwich from the Beauty's Chicken place, and all were decidedly mediocre.

They seem to be doing all the same stuff at their new food hall at 1 York, and I have to say I've been disappointed with what I've tried so far. I've had a vindaloo from Curryosity, an eggplant parm sandwich from the Underground Sandwich, and a fried chicken sandwich from the Beauty's Chicken place, and all were decidedly mediocre.
Honestly I feel like food halls are a lot of hype and they often don't live up to it.

The idea seems to be lets get more independent places with cool branding, jack up the prices hugely compared to a typical food court, and promote it with influencers. Don't get me wrong I've had some good meals at food halls but more often than not they end up being not worth the extra money you pay. I'll be curious to see if 5 years from now it's a fad that's largely passed.

Back