Toronto eCondos | 195.67m | 58s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

IMG_0157.JPG
IMG_0159.JPG
IMG_0158.JPG

I was checking out some units at E Condos, and I must say it's really frustrating how some units get to enjoy the nice open view from the unit while some units with the exact same layout have half of the balcony blocked by the metal screen... When Bazis and Rosario Varacalli designed the building, did they really think ANYONE would want a view like these?

C4343390_10.jpg

C4336134_5.jpg

C4323332_12.jpg

Last edited:
Just an update a month after this article.
Ever since I moved in, I have been hearing this noise from INSIDE the unit with all the windows CLOSED, on every windy nights.
I can't sleep, and ear plugs do not help.
I really really wish Bazis comes up with a real solution to fix the problem soon. Otherwise I see myself having BIG trouble selling or even living in this condo.

This is keeping me up at night and I haven't even moved in yet. Question, if you go out on the balcony do you hear it? I'm assuming it's the mesh panels and not an installation issue that will be resolved. Anyone else you know in the building complaining? Both the aesthetics and the noise is a huge downfall. Is your living room obstructed? I also saw in some photos the panels cast a shadow into the unit too on top of things. I guess I wanted a glass box in the sky! I looked back at old old renderings and didn't see these screens.

This is keeping me up at night and I haven't even moved in yet. Question, if you go out on the balcony do you hear it? I'm assuming it's the mesh panels and not an installation issue that will be resolved. Anyone else you know in the building complaining? Both the aesthetics and the noise is a huge downfall. Is your living room obstructed? I also saw in some photos the panels cast a shadow into the unit too on top of things. I guess I wanted a glass box in the sky! I looked back at old old renderings and didn't see these screens.
Noise is at its WORST on the balcony. Maybe the noise is resonating between the metal panels, making it worse.
Other residents are complaining as well. I contacted the office several times, but nothing has been done yet.
and yes, those perforated metal facades cast shadow into the unit.... they block the view, they cast unwanted shadow, and they create unacceptable noise.
In my opinion, Bazis should really remove some of the excessive use of metal screens, at least the ones that block the balcony top-to-bottom...

Just to give you an idea, here's a comment from a Reddit post

Last edited:
Noise is at its WORST on the balcony. Maybe the noise is resonating between the metal panels, making it worse.
Other residents are complaining as well. I contacted the office several times, but nothing has been done yet.
and yes, those perforated metal facades cast shadow into the unit.... they block the view, they cast unwanted shadow, and they create unacceptable noise.
In my opinion, Bazis should really remove some of the excessive use of metal screens, at least the ones that block the balcony top-to-bottom...

Just to give you an idea, here's a comment from a Reddit post
View attachment 174337
Worst fears are being confirmed. Do you rent or own? I am a very light sleeper so I don't know if I'll be able to live there now. Starting to look at other rentals in case. How obstructed is your view? I am on a corner and fear those full top to bottom screens. Any information on whether you can grow vines or trees to obstruct the look? How is the building otherwise?

Back