Kitchener Drewlo Downtown Kitchener | ?m | 23s | Drewlo Holdings

Bjays92

Member Bio
Reaction score
One of the last major developments currently going on in KW that doesn't have a thread. Thanks @emphur for reminding me I needed to make this lol.

Drewlo is a London based developer and they're redeveloping an entire block at the east end of downtown (which is an area in major need of revitalization)

B88254980Z.1_20180627175838_000_G1E8295S.3-0_Gallery.jpg

rendering.jpg

Really do not have high expectations for these but still will be an improvement over what used to be here.

That said this is one of the slowest sites in the region, like slower than The One levels slow.

YcQZKDE.jpg
k3VSPC2.jpg

These are some of the most recent photos of the site but they date back to May. Credit to @ac3r

Not a whole lot has changed since. They are still working on the podium, but they may be on to the tower section for the west tower. For reference, this project broke ground in early 2019, so in over 2.5 years they have just managed to construct parts of the underground portion of the structure and the podium for the two tower sections only (I'm not sure the entire site is even at grade yet though I could be wrong)

I think construction was put on hold for quite a long stretch during Covid, which somewhat explains the slow progress. Even without that, though, this project seems a lot slower than others in the region.

Drewlo is a London based developer and they're redeveloping an entire block at the east end of downtown (which is an area in major need of revitalization)
I assume that's London, Ontario?

Back