Toronto Eglinton Line 5 Crosstown West Extension | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

We see the results with TTC service, because Councillor Stephen Holyday is a TTC board member. He is for the automobile, not for the pedestrian.

Now "luxury" would be sheltered sidewalks and pathways for the pedestrians. This image is from Singapore, definitely not Toronto. Not going to happen here, especially with the automobile disciples on city council.

This is why I wanted the new bike path under the davenport diamond bridge to be under the elevated tracks and not beside it.

Also why I wish they would put bike lanes under the gardiner too.

In Sao Paulo, the bike lanes are all under their elevated highways.

vlcsnap-2023-05-18-11h31m26s834.png

This is why I wanted the new bike path under the davenport diamond bridge to be under the elevated tracks and not beside it.

Also why I wish they would put bike lanes under the gardiner too.

In Sao Paulo, the bike lanes are all under their elevated highways.

View attachment 478204
In Toronto, we worry about falling concrete caused by the salt used on the Gardiner Expressway during winter. Don't think they would use salt on the overhead Line 5 guideway, nor on the Davenport overhead guideway.

Must be a problem with Google maps. Doesn't show a "pedestrian" route to Richview CI. Guess we are supposed to pick someone's backyard at random and scale the backyard fence.

Lol. For a year or two Google's cycling directions would not let you ride north on Kitchener's Manitou Dr past Bleams Rd, and would take you blocks out of the way despite the Manitou cycle lane literally skirting the east side of the Manitou/Bleams roundabout.

Last edited:
Lol. For a year or two Google's cycling directions would not let you ride north on Kitchener's Manitou Dr past Bleams Rd, and would take you blocks out of the way despite the Manitou cycle lane literally skirting the east side of the Manitou/Bleams roundabout.

You can change that on Google Maps eh? Right click the area, select "Report Data Problem" and then redraw the road properly.

I would say im about 80% successful, but yes sometimes they refuse.
I've been trying to get them to add the missing sidewalk connection from about ten feet away from terminal 3 to terminal 3 for years. Right now, if you try and get walking directions from T3 to the nearby hotel right on the corner of Airport Road of American Drive, it has you walk down the highway ramp, through the taxi parking lot and down a section of Silver Dart Drive that has no sidewalks.

I've been trying to get them to add the missing sidewalk connection from about ten feet away from terminal 3 to terminal 3 for years. Right now, if you try and get walking directions from T3 to the nearby hotel right on the corner of Airport Road of American Drive, it has you walk down the highway ramp, through the taxi parking lot and down a section of Silver Dart Drive that has no sidewalks.

Yeah, 3D structures (overpasses or streets under other streets) are hard to get edited by Google. I assume an AI rejects most of these edits automatically.

I would say no, definitely not. As much as we like to lament the timeline of the ECLRT but, ECWE is not expected until 2030 at the earliest
I agree

On my bus trip to Renforth on Monday, didn't see much action other than shoring for the launch hole

Maybe we should finish what we've started and learn from its execution before we put an extension to tender?
You don't have to get to the dire end of the project to have a lot of lessons learned.

That said, this is the tunelling contract, not the stations and track. The equivalent Crosstown contract for tunelling was completed many years ago - and didn't have the kind of issues we are seeing with the stations and track.

Back