Toronto Concord Sky | 299m | 85s | Concord Adex | a—A

Oh, it's ridiculous. I live in a building "without" a 13th floor, but with a "mezzanine" floor (it's not really, in the technical sense) with amenities on the floor above L. Above that MZ floor is floor 2. So, everything from 2-12 is not the actual and proper floor name, but everything from 14 and up is. I can imagine it'd seriously mess with a ladder truck fire rescue if you as a firefighter are told there's someone trapped on floor X. Or are they gonna waste precious seconds to get proper floor layout from building management first?
In BC, they have banned the practice of skipping floor numbers for that very reason. People believing in these things don't realize that the floor you think is the 5th floor is actually 4th floor and so on. In the building where I lived for some time, not only the floor ending at 4 and 13 were skipped but also the unit numbers. There was no unit 4, 13 and 14 on any floor.

...because as it's currently proposed it looks pretty ugly, IMO. I'm not sure I wan't to stare at 300 m + of ugly, let alone one at 299. >.<
I don't know which is the current version and which is a previous one, but the design with all the white accents is attractive, imo; the one without is a homogeneous slab of glass.

Putting aside the whole thing around skipping numbers in storeys nomenclature, I’d like to enter into the record that in fact Concord has recently been looking at add ~30m (10 storeys) here. I was told by someone who is a very reliable source who has no reason to lie about it. All of that said, I doubt it’s going to happen given concerns about park shadowing.

And yes this is separate from the January SPA. The city is aware of the intention to apply for this change.

Don’t slap down people humbly offering some new information (few pages back) when you in fact are the one whose information may not be fully up to date. ;)

*Either 10 more storeys or 30. I might have “3” in my head because I was doing the mental math on 10 storeys x ~3m = 30 additional meters. Let me see if my friend will give me more info. But either way I’d imagine there will be documents up for the public to see soon enough. But for now assume I’m an idiot and it’s 10 additional storeys, not 30.

Last edited:
Putting aside the whole thing around skipping numbers in storeys nomenclature, I’d like to enter into the record that in fact Concord has recently been looking at add ~30 more storeys here. I was told by someone who is a very reliable source who has no reason to lie about it. All of that said, I doubt it’s going to happen given concerns about park shadowing.

And yes this is separate from the January SPA. The city is aware of the intention to apply for this change.

Don’t slap down people humbly offering some new information (few pages back) when you in fact are the one whose information may not be fully up to date. ;)

I don't think the intent was to slap you down, but when there's no documented proof it's nothing more then "hear say", and that's how rumors and false info turn into pages on academic nonsense.

Putting aside the whole thing around skipping numbers in storeys nomenclature, I’d like to enter into the record that in fact Concord has recently been looking at add ~30 more storeys here. I was told by someone who is a very reliable source who has no reason to lie about it. All of that said, I doubt it’s going to happen given concerns about park shadowing.

I'm aware of the extra floors, but don't really have a clue how Concord wants to pursue that. It's already an 85 storey student dorm, so it's now going to be 115 storey student dorm? It sounds like just about the worst place I can imagine trying to live (it'll make 16 York seem homely). 30 extra floors could also mean up to 300 new units depending on where those storeys are in the overall breakdown, so that's a full redesign of potentially every floor to include for more elevators, a much larger service area at grade, etc. So is it Concord's intention to ditch most or all of their current sales, in this market, and try again later with more inventory? That could kick their IRR down to single digits while increasing costs and risk massively. Nothing about that business case makes any sense.

The crane has been assembled!!

18184CA5-EC1B-428D-AFA2-CA1C9A0FAFF2.jpeg

5A5F88B9-DA5A-45DD-AE47-649A4AF00554.jpeg

Concord is the last developer who should be allowed to build anything skyhigh like what potentially *could* be proposed. As @ProjectEnd touched on, this is already going to be a high-turnover student laboratory, most likely with Concord's signature cheapening with quality, likely horrid elevator to unit ratio, etc.

If it actually happens, I actually wouldnt wish it on anyone to live in this potential impending disaster mess.

Back