Toronto Concord Sky | 299m | 85s | Concord Adex | a—A

^ they probably had a deal in place conditional on zoning . It is likely that they didn't anticipate zoning would take this long and are at the point where they had to make a decision as to close or let it go. They were probably comfortable enough at this point that they could get approval and move the project forward in a fashion that would provide the return they were looking for so they closed.

I hope Cresford keeps the design. I'd really love to see that bridge happen.

Just fix the shorter tower to look the same its entire height. Either have it match the taller tower in appearance or have its entire height match the portion above the tower. The way it's shown now looks discordant and unattractive to me.

The Big Slice shut its doors last night

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/big-slice-pizza-yonge-closure-condos-1.3607452

big-slice-window-sign.jpg

I think the storefront next to it right at the corner has been empty for awhile
Confirmed. Was a clothing store last, and closed sometime before or around Xmas if I recall correctly.

I'm going to miss Noori Extension when it goes. Where am I going to go now for my cheap electronics and cables?!?!

I mourn the loss of the Big Slice. I remember the original Italian owner who you would see through the window tossing the pies in the air and never dropping them. I remember
once one of his young helpers p***ed him off and he threw a pie at him. The pizza then was the best I had ever had. In the ensuing years the quality of the pizza dropped but
out of habit I always dropped in to have a pizza there. It got better recently. Too bad, only memories left now.

I mourn the loss of the Big Slice. I remember the original Italian owner who you would see through the window tossing the pies in the air and never dropping them. I remember
once one of his young helpers p***ed him off and he threw a pie at him. The pizza then was the best I had ever had. In the ensuing years the quality of the pizza dropped but
out of habit I always dropped in to have a pizza there. It got better recently. Too bad, only memories left now.

That is poignant, some memories are best buried deep because they can just flood you suddenly ... especially when you ate the pizza after he threw it at the guy who pissed him off. That ripped my heart out.

The big slice on st Clair near dufferin is much much much better. Go there. They offer lots of other stuff and still make their pizza with care.

Back