Toronto Concord Canada House | 231.97m | 74s | Concord Adex | Arcadis

What colours are you hoping for? I mean there's only so many options. I agree that the site of all the green and blue glass rectangles are an absolute eye sore and hideous looking, but nothing wrong with any of the dark colours. They're buildings not pastel paintings.
Colour doesn't have to necessarily come in the form of anything eye-popping, pastel or artificial. It could be natural earthen colours provided to us by materials humans have used for millenia; stone, brick, etc. Even replacing the black brick in the podium with red would make this building really pop against the monochrome backdrop.

Colour doesn't have to necessarily come in the form of anything eye-popping, pastel or artificial. It could be natural earthen colours provided to us by materials humans have used for millenia; stone, brick, etc. Even replacing the black brick in the podium with red would make this building really pop against the monochrome backdrop.

Are red coloured bricks more expensive than grey bricks? Or are developers still under the impression that the public looks at grey and black as slick and modern?

Are red coloured bricks more expensive than grey bricks? Or are developers still under the impression that the public looks at grey and black as slick and modern?
I've been wondering this too. I suspect grey is cheaper due to less pigmentation, but we're being sold that it's slick and modern. It's like the "hard loft" look. i.e., we get to save money on finishing the ceiling but we'll sell the idea that's it's hip and fashionable.

I doubt it's cheaper - it's just a colour, like any other.

It's overdone as a neutral colour, but it will only change when a new generic neutral colour gets accepted by developers/realtors/investment buyers as the perfect combination of "trendy" and "inoffensive."

From Thursday April 6, 2023 and this morning
20230406_192748.jpg

20230406_193719.jpg

Today: April 11, 2023

20230411_092844.jpg

Attachments

• 20230411_092844.jpg
    20230411_092844.jpg
    377.8 KB · Views: 29
Pleasantly surprised by the material use here, the colour match on the spandrel panels is really well done considering it's a concord building.

Make no mistake, this project is a huge missed opportunity, but I had such low expectations for this that the materials and project so far make it *somewhat* better than I was expecting.

Make no mistake, this project is a huge missed opportunity, but I had such low expectations for this that the materials and project so far make it *somewhat* better than I was expecting.

Toronto developers have caught on. Instead of presenting glamours renderings and then building sub-par buildings which lead to criticism. Now they're presenting unattractive renders and building the same sub-par quality building as before but are getting praised for it instead 😉

I drove by there about half an hour ago. The scaffolding took out the traffic lights and a woman was injured. Traffic was a mess.
It’s incredible not more were injured considering a lot we’re out and about during nice warm lunch hour.

Unfortunate to hear of an injury, I hope not too serious.

But entirely agree, given something so heavy, falling from any height, onto a busy intersection, in daytime hours, it would seem it could have been much worse.

Back