Toronto Concord Canada House | 231.97m | 74s | Concord Adex | Arcadis

I'm not sure that's not happening still. Or do new renders show different?

The updated renderings don't show the colourful accents anymore, and someone previously mentioned here that they've been replaced with something else.

I should note that there wasn't supposed to be coloured glass originally, though that would have been amazing. Rather, what was proposed was a combination of colourful cladding panels and colourful panels behind a wall of transparent glass.

Still, that colour would have enlivened the design and made the towers into pleasant landmarks. They were supposed to be the signature towers of the community.

I think the colour scheme where flipped for the nightglow maple leaf reliefs. And we probably wont see those glow until near completion of this project...assuming the glow is still a go.

What colours are you hoping for? I mean there's only so many options. I agree that the site of all the green and blue glass rectangles are an absolute eye sore and hideous looking, but nothing wrong with any of the dark colours. They're buildings not pastel paintings.
Oh my, that makes me sad. Google Willemstad for what a colourful city can look like.

not saying Toronto should aspire to look like that but open your mind a little. We can do better than grey, white and black..

Oh my, that makes me sad. Google Willemstad for what a colourful city can look like.

not saying Toronto should aspire to look like that but open your mind a little. We can do better than grey, white and black..

Okay so as I ask, what colours are you hoping for? Enlighten me. Maybe you'll open my mind.

What about the ones that were proposed initially, as @junctionist noted above?

I would have liked that, but that's the actual colour of the main part of the cladding. I don't know what that was supposed to be (some sort of LED lighting or something colourful cladding), but the ultimately the building was still the same colour you see today.

Last edited:
The colours from the initial renderings were never meant to be taken seriously. They were nothing more than a placeholder for public art. I attended a pre-application meeting for this project and they were quick to mention that the colours would be replaced by whatever ended up being selected for public art. The intent was just to show that the buildings themselves would be the canvas.

Back