Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Toronto Model 09-11-22 Sunrise.png

It feels like it's taking them forever to reach ground level. The underground levels must be rather complicated to build.

It feels like it's taking them forever to reach ground level. The underground levels must be rather complicated to build.
The below grade stuff is always much slower as it IS more complicated (or, at least, not standard). When they reach the 'regular floors' they speed up immensely as the floor-plans are pretty standard and they can reuse all the formwork.

This is, and probably will continue to be (until they are above the deck/park to Phase 1)... one of the most complicated single office tower builds in the city's history.

The construction pics obviously attest: crazy site constraints, cantilever elements over the corridor (eventually), access from Yonge or Bay etc.

Well that's odd, kinda compelling i suppose... and way of out scale for the little oasis.

Plus Canadians start fretting about winter on or about June 29th... do we really need this 50 foot bare reminder of what's coming?

I realize this echoes the lobby artwork somewhat.

Last edited:
I know it's a one off installation for tonight's NB event...but they should seriously patent that!

Back