Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Depending on the broadcaster. There's still a lot of stock video footage being rolled out that was filmed years ago. Every once in a while I'll see footage w/o L Tower or BA West. What buildings that are shown are a good indication of when the footage is from. I'll be looking forward to new shots with CIBC Square in the not-too-distant future.
All of the footage being used now is new due to the rebranding of to Scotiabank Arena. I cannot say it will be the same once CIBC Square opens.

Dec 21 and Feb 5
AE5E47A3-EC24-4A31-A09E-516D0F05A28D.jpeg

Winter must be slowing down construction in Toronto lately. Hopefully some beach weather was enjoyed this past week. If life was that easy to plan.
DAB4BCF5-7FC8-4F15-8EE2-07ED8742A510.jpeg

A lack of progress is not something this project will ever be accused of. Still blows my mind that The One started at the exact same time.

Office vs Residential are two very different beasts. Also The One isn't short of activity, those super-columns take some time but will be well worth it when that latticed structure grows over everything else in the city.

f5960158-37b4-4efa-84c1-c96758fb34bd.jpg

Construction Notice

Dear neighbours,

Please be advised that our contractor will be undertaking work to dismantle part of the tower automatic climbing system formwork on Sunday, February 10th, between the hours of 9 am and 5 pm. This work is being scheduled as a result of past and predicted future inclement weather conditions that don’t allow the workers to conduct this procedure safely.

We expect this work to have minimal noise impact, with only one tower crane operational and a smaller crew on-site.

We thank you for your patience during this operation. Please reach out if you have any questions or concerns about this work.

Thank you.

Copyright © 2018 CIBC SQUARE | All rights reserved.

From architects, engineers, project managers, guys doing the actual work..... sometimes I just wonder how this can be done. Despite the future complaints about the result, I have to admit that the skill and planning make me feel dumb(founded). Could you do this? Dumb post as admitted.

First Set of Alterations are Free Sunday

The jump-form is being reconfigured at present and although it appears to have jumped, they actually lowered the east facing forms with the 'CIBC Square' (white letters on black) forms to make subtractions and additions to the south end of the shortened core. I expect a new lift to happen after alterations to the jump-forms have been completed

IMG_1535.jpeg

IMG_1534.jpeg

Back