News   Mar 28, 2024
 105     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 176     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 247     0 

Toronto Centre & York Centre Byelections, 2020

Didn't Marci Ien get cancelled for some faux-pas or other?

Funny, only yesterday Marci Ien took a leave from Bell Media to run - and she's already been appointed.

Why bother running a Liberal constituency association in Toronto Centre when the candidates are always pre-determined? With Bill Morneau and Glen Murray before, it shows you just how much respect they have for the people who actually live here and vote here.

Didn't Marci Ien get cancelled for some faux-pas or other?

She claimed to be a victim of racism by Toronto Police after she was pulled over and ticketed for running a stop sign and made a big deal out of it.

The Toronto Police has a racism problem - there's no doubt about that. But I don't think she helped make that case at all.

Both should be safe Liberal holds, especially Toronto Centre.

They’d vote for a rabid raccoon if it ran as a Liberal.

Bill Morneau might have been an okay finance minister (if you ignore his French Villa Issue and his ties to WE) but he was a crappy MP. But it doesn’t matter because the Liberals don’t care as long as we’ll vote for whoever the party leadership dumps here.

Last edited:
They’d vote for a rabid raccoon if it ran as a Liberal.

Bill Morneau might have been an okay finance minister (if you ignore his French Villa Issue and his ties to WE) but he was a crappy MP. But it doesn’t matter because the Liberals don’t care as long as we’ll vote for whoever the party leadership dumps here.
All of my MPs have been shoddy messes, all too closely tied to the PM, always seeking cabinet pork roles and media spotlights, always neglecting their ridings. Bill Graham, Bob Rae, Chrystia Freeland and Morneau; the next will be another who‘s too personally close to Trudeau.

All of my MPs have been shoddy messes, all too closely tied to the PM, always seeking cabinet pork roles and media spotlights, always neglecting their ridings. Bill Graham, Bob Rae, Chrystia Freeland and Morneau; the next will be another who‘s too personally close to Trudeau.
Why do you think it's a bad thing for your (our) MP to be close to the PM of the day and to be given significant cabinet responsibilities? Yes, one can argue that because they often have other significant public responsibility they have less time for 'us" but whenever I have needed to contact their offices (Graham, Rae and Morneau) their staff have been very responsive. Would you prefer to have someone as your MP who is not seen as being fit for cabinet office?

That's your opinion but you mentioned MPs going back to Bill Graham who long preceeded Justin as PM so you appear to think all your/our recent MPs were/are useless. I would disagree.

I'm upset because the people who live here are always being taken for granted by the Liberals. They may be heavy hitters in Ottawa, but they don't matter to the people they're supposed to represent.

Back