News   Apr 18, 2024
 59     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 1.8K     3 

Toronto Bike Share

The major issue with the app is that it won't reveal the location of any electric pedal-assist bikes :)
I left one at Guildwood GO for you. It'll probably be there for a few days since there aren't any food delivery cyclists out there.

Also, made it in under 30 minutes again!

Screenshot 2021-10-01 154056.png

I left one at Guildwood GO for you. It'll probably be there for a few days since there aren't any food delivery cyclists out there.

Also, made it in under 30 minutes again!

View attachment 352773

The one at Guildwood is gone, it I assume is the one now at UTSC.

My wife just told me there is one at Booth and Lake Shore. That's probably closer than I've seen one since last fall!

The one at Booth is still there at at 4:48pm; there are also e-bikes at Kingston/Southwood, Kingston/Beech, Eastern/Winnifred, Front and Bay, East Liberty/Lynn Williams, High Park West Rd, Davenport/Oakwood and Teddington and Yonge.

The one at Guildwood is gone, it I assume is the one now at UTSC.

The one at Booth is still there at at 4:48pm; there are also e-bikes at Kingston/Southwood, Kingston/Beech, Eastern/Winnifred, Front and Bay, East Liberty/Lynn Williams, High Park West Rd, Davenport/Oakwood and Teddington and Yonge.
There was one at Front and Bay (with a red light) for some days earlier in the week. I think they show up as 'there' even if they are actually not working but I could be wrong .....

It's not my usual habit to actually look at the app for where bikes are. I usually just go to the docks I know and get one. But I do find it amusing once in a while to see if there's an e-bike nearby, especially if I'm thinking of a 15 minute + ride (which is rare these days).

My wife checks regularly because she does our daycare pickup out in Leslieville, which has very few docks, so she has to see what's open before setting out, which is why she was updating me.

Does she bike to the daycare?
Yes! I walk him there in the morning and leave the stroller (and bixi home) then she rides a bixi over there to pick him up.

We also both have bike seats, so many times we just put him on our own bikes both ways, but I actually like the walk in the morning, so we do the bixi thing once or twice a week.

I surprised myself.

It is possible to get from the new Bikeshare location at Tommy Thompson Park to the lighthouse and back within 45mins.

1633235209858.png

(This is via the bridge)

If you really blaze it you can probably due it in 30mins.

When I first got there there were no empty docks and a bunch of people waiting for docks, so I had a coffee and came back and there were a few empty docks. Certainly is popular.

I surprised myself.

It is possible to get from the new Bikeshare location at Tommy Thompson Park to the lighthouse and back within 45mins.

View attachment 352981
(This is via the bridge)

If you really blaze it you can probably due it in 30mins.

When I first got there there were no empty docks and a bunch of people waiting for docks, so I had a coffee and came back and there were a few empty docks. Certainly is popular.

~4.9km each way, so 10.8km overall.

So you averaged a bit over 19.6km/ph

That's a decent cruising speed.

I know I used to be able to do that, over that distance............not so sure these days........... I helped some friends move for 7 hours yesterday.............

I'm a wee bit crunchy today!

Found an e-bike in my lobby yesterday, obviously being used by a food delivery person.View attachment 353011
Maybe they should restrict ebikes to one session a day, people can still opt to keep the bike longer than 30 min but it’ll still cost $4 every half hour.

It just seems unfair that a handful of people are consistently hogging these bikes, everyone should have a chance to ride them cause they’re honestly world changing. So many people who have had a chance to ride them finally understand how biking can be a viable form of transportation in the city. They could definitely push public support and sentiment for better biking infrastructure.

Or Bike share could just continue to add more ebikes and ebike charging stations.

Maybe they should restrict ebikes to one session a day, people can still opt to keep the bike longer than 30 min but it’ll still cost $4 every half hour.

It just seems unfair that a handful of people are consistently hogging these bikes, everyone should have a chance to ride them cause they’re honestly world changing. So many people who have had a chance to ride them finally understand how biking can be a viable form of transportation in the city. They could definitely push public support and sentiment for better biking infrastructure.

Or Bike share could just continue to add more ebikes and ebike charging stations.
I think a time limit per day would be better than a session limit. Make it something like 2 hours and it would barely affect regular riders while preventing food delivery people from hogging them.

Yes, and you probably want to pick 'your bike' up each morning at your own home (or garage!) and return it there at night. Maybe you should just buy one!
I would be happy if they provided high quality, weather protected and secured bike parking.

Not sure how the rest of you members keep track of your time.

I use an app called Seconds. It is heavily programmable and has text to voice functionality. So I have a 45 min timer that reads out "20 minutes remaining" "15 minutes remaining" and so on. That way I never have to pull out my phone.Screenshot_20211003-225154.png

Back