Toronto Alias | 159.5m | 48s | Madison Group | Teeple Architects

^Ikr. Everytime someone post new pics here and I think to myself how ugly is it but so far they are sticking to the same design.

I dunno, I just can't unsee it:

Alias_OutdoorKidsPlay.jpg

attention-kmart-shoppers.jpg

...so if I only had one dog, what would I do with the other two taps down there like that? 🙀

From the pictures in the previous page, it's a bit too dark for my taste. Will this be the 2nd big build from Madison? Sounds like buyer beware based on Nobu, but hopefully they can turn it around.

From the pictures in the previous page, it's a bit too dark for my taste. Will this be the 2nd big build from Madison? Sounds like buyer beware based on Nobu, but hopefully they can turn it around.
Madison completed 'The Madison' on Eglinton a number of years ago now and were involved with 609 Avenue Road and with ZIGG, (along with all of their suburban tract subdivisions). They are not the biggest, most venerable developer around town, but neither are they suddenly appearing out of nowhere.

No new renderings are updated in the database. The overall building height and storey count also remain the same. The changes are as followed: 497 units to 546 units, the total GFA reduced from 38151.00 m2 to 37944.1 m2. Finally, the total number of parking spaces is the same at 125 parking spaces.

what wrong with nobu? i thought it was a cool project

what wrong with nobu? i thought it was a cool project

Go read the Nobu thread! There's a long list!

But to cut it short, lots of spandrel, other cheapening of materials, and a new build that is very poorly aligned w/the retained heritage would top my list.

Back