Toronto Akra | 74.17m | 22s | Curated Properties | RAW Design

someMidTowner

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Member Bio
Reaction score

Zoning By Law Amendment Application to permit the proposal for a 22-storey (63 metre) residential building with 182 residential units and 31 rental replacement units for a total of 213 dwelling units. The total proposed residential gross floor area (GFA) is 14,029 square metres (8.01 FSI). The proposal would also include 49 parking spaces, one loading space and 206 bicycle parking spaces.

Capture.JPG

I mean...I am usually an unreserved bull for density but those side walls are pushing it. Not every site is a tower site.

1607033204881.png

in a just world, this proposal would be built as-of-right...

I see absolutely nothing objectionable about this project.

I mean...I am usually an unreserved bull for density but those side walls are pushing it. Not every site is a tower site.
The idea here is that it will feel less like a tower site due to the set-backs. See the image here from ground level.

It is certainly infill, and dense one at that. There wouldn't be too much objection to this in downtown.

Last edited:
The idea here is that it will feel less like a tower site due to the set-backs. See the image here from ground level.

It is certainly infill, and dense one at that. There wouldn't be too much objection to this in downtown.

There's a reason that rendering looks dead straight on the building face, at exactly the right angle so you can't see any of the side walls or the additional five storeys that are not visible above this street wall.

Usually I would find the 5.5m side setbacks from a tower inappropriate. In this case you have the mitigating factor that the towns to the east are clearly undevelopable as a tower site, and the site to the west has already redeveloped with the tower set back greater than 12.5m from the mutual property line (can't find this dimension in the plans; does anyone know?). For these reasons there is a case to be made that it is appropriate. However I still find the side walls very intense and unrelenting.

I'm going to guess before clicking that this is an WND Planning proposal with Andrew Ferancik as the planner in charge.

No outward sign of movement here, but Goodman's has registered to lobby on this one.

No new renderings are added to the database! There are several changes to the project information. The overall unit counts changed from 217 units to 211 units. The overall building height increased from 72.97m to 74.17m. The overall storey count remains at 22-storeys. Finally, the total parking space count was reduced from 49 parking spaces to 48 parking spaces.

Back