Toronto 980 Lansdowne Avenue | 101.14m | 36s | Neudorfer | Gabriel Bodor

This is the ugliest project I have seen on this board in a long time. And we know it is going to be even uglier in real life (with the large use of grey window wall). This reminds me of those ugly Chinese mega buildings.

I wish there was a way to revoke the licence of an architect as these buildings would certainly be grounds for such.

This area will be Liberty Village 2.0 if you include what will result after the Galleria Mall gets re developed along with other nearby developments.

Looking forward to the added density.

Still short of a few craft breweries. But otherwise I think it will depend more on the presence of the Galleria redevelopment as a retail/community centerpiece, on whether this area can get close to having designation as the next LV. Design wise, 980 Lansdowne is pretty cringe to say the least and captures more of the negatives of LV, than the actual positives. Apart from the added density, I don't really see what it is contributing. Definitely a missed opportunity in my books.

This area will be Liberty Village 2.0 if you include what will result after the Galleria Mall gets re developed along with other nearby developments.

Looking forward to the added density.

Added density is one thing... another abject Liberty Village-type spectacle is another. Liberty Village as it presently stands amounts to a largely squandered opportunity.

Application updated. Now comes with 4 blocks of 3-bedroom townhouses - 75 units total. The unit mix and building heights for the towers seem to have changed slightly.

From the application documents:
Screen shot 2017-11-12 at 12.21.08 PM.png
Screen shot 2017-11-12 at 12.21.34 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2017-11-12 at 12.21.08 PM.png
    Screen shot 2017-11-12 at 12.21.08 PM.png
    458.2 KB · Views: 966
  • Screen shot 2017-11-12 at 12.21.34 PM.png
    Screen shot 2017-11-12 at 12.21.34 PM.png
    347.3 KB · Views: 979
My goodness this is just bad. The towers look like some updated 1960's towers in a park design, completed with random precast panels placed throughout. The townhomes are the best elements of this project since the towers are just an outright mess.

Agreed that the towns are by far the best part of the proposal. The closely-spaced hulking towers slabs, all more or less the same height, amounts to a real throwback to the bad old days. It looks like it's setting itself up for some sort of dubious ghetto prize a few years down the road.

I am disappointed about the design, and always have been. However, given the tremendous amounts of density that has and will come in to the area, I'll take this project.

Why is Dupont and Lansdowne attracting such terrible condo projects? The whole area looks straight out of 1980s Bucharest.
It's what the developer-class strives for in Toronto.

So what is the unit-mix here? Any large number of 2 or even 3 bedroom units? This is an excellent area for more family size condo units.

Why is Dupont and Lansdowne attracting such terrible condo projects? The whole area looks straight out of 1980s Bucharest.
it is because the majority of the area is/ was developed by the same developer.

Back