Toronto 88 Queen | 167.35m | 52s | St Thomas Dev | Hariri Pontarini

Taken from Riverdale Park on Tuesday evening.

20230613_204033.jpg

Expecting more from Hariri Pontarini. Another example where the previous plan looked so much better.
Yeah, the mint green spandrel is yech, monotonous & blah. And if only the mullions were a “bronze-like” colour.
It’s more a greeny dark mustard hue.
New.👏 Buildings.👏 in.👏Toronto.👏Should👏Look.👏Good.👏 ..All of them.

Just for the record, Mr. 42...

...while I did state the paneling for the tower was "toothpastey", I have not written this building off as I want to see where they're going with all of this first. >.<

So there's spandrel cladding on the two narrow sides of the tower portion of single one of three buildings in the complex and suddenly the project is a failure? Jeez what a bunch of babies some of you are. You don't get exactly what you want and you start crying like a petulant child

Meanwhile the north and south facades which are twice as wide are completely spandrel free, as is that gorgeous base but guess that hardly matters anymore 🤷‍♂️

So there's spandrel cladding on the two narrow sides of the tower portion of single one of three buildings in the complex and suddenly the project is a failure? Jeez what a bunch of babies some of you are. You don't get exactly what you want and you start crying like a petulant child

Meanwhile the north and south facades which are twice as wide are completely spandrel free, as is that gorgeous base but guess that hardly matters anymore 🤷‍♂️
No, some of us are annoyed that we were duped with the renderings showing something very different:

25833-114967.jpeg

That’s a gorgeous base? Since when? i would maybe like it if that colour was bronze. It’s not.

That’s a gorgeous base? Since when? i would maybe like it if that colour was bronze. It’s not.
My brain doesn't read that as bronze either - to me it's an insipid, putty-brown. But I also think the colour of the cladding on T3 Bayside is a nauseating shade of green while others find it lovely, so ... maybe this is another version of #the dress?

Their application for additional floors is coming (as a minor variation) to the Committee of Adjustment next week.

Application Number:
23 134938 STE 13 MV
Application Type:
Minor Variance
Date Submitted:
17/04/2023
Hearing Scheduled
Description:
To permit the increase of residential dwelling units by constructing an additional three floors above the current maximum permitted building height of the 51-storey mixed-use building, currently under construction. There will be a total of 611 dwelling units provided.

REQUESTED VARIANCES
The three additional storeys proposed for the Phase 2B building require approval of the following variances: •
The total gross floor area of all buildings and structures on the lot shall not exceed 99,475 square metres whereas the zoning by-laws permits a maximum total gross floor area of 88,057 square metres. •
The maximum permitted building height is 173.25 metres whereas the zoning by-laws permit a maximum building height of 163.0 metres. •
The total number of units shall not exceed 1,153 units whereas the zoning by-laws permit a maximum of 1,140 units.

Back