Toronto 88 Queen | 167.35m | 52s | St Thomas Dev | Hariri Pontarini

As of Dec 30, 2021

20211230_124419.jpg

20211230_124404.jpg
20211230_124354.jpg

We have created a new database file and another thread to follow the two mid-block Fitzrovia rental buildings on this site, known at The Elm and The Ledbury. This allows us to keep the data clearer in the database file for 88 Queen East… but it also means more work for you guys, our wonderful photography contributors. While four posts were moved intact from this thread to the new one, three other posts were duplicated and the photos then split between which ones mostly covered which of the two neighbouring projects…

…so, it would be greatly appreciated from now on, if you're shooting at this site, please put the photos of (mostly) the Queen Street building in this thread and the shots of the two rental towers (easily identified by the cranes that sport Fitzrovia banners on them) in the other thread. Thanks!

Excuse this tangent, but looking at the photo above, I'm struck by how the bright colour on the temporary supports speaks volumes about the value of some vibrancy here and there in our architecture.

That pop of red really lifts the whole image.

I'm not suggesting that particular shade of red should be overly prevalent. But it really is an antidote to some of the more drab colouring in the City, especially on a drab day

This is a total game changer for a long-neglected stretch of Queen.
I agree. Between this and the site to the immediate east (90 queen st e?) I think this is going to create a bit of a domino effect of redevelopment in the area. 60 Queen East, The Saint, the new Moss park station etc and this area will be unrecognizable in 10 years. I really hope we just don't see any redevelopment of all the charming brick warehouse style buildings like 98 Richmond St E or the building Carbon Bar is in.

Back