Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Consolidated Bottle Corporation is for sale. CBRE is projecting:

1634907639402.png

1634907658326.png

77 UNION ST
Ward 9: Davenport

Official Plan and Zoning By-law amendment application to facilitate the redevelopment on the site for a 39-storey mixed-use building having a non-residential gross floor area of 8467 square metres, and a residential gross floor area of 127,228 square metres. 1951 residential dwelling units are proposed.

I think that description is a bit wonky - that would be 50 units a floor in a 39 floor building

I've been thinking about it Chester.....maybe it's not so wonky...............this could be @HousingNowTO now's great victory on floor plate size.

The description works perfectly with a 3,300m2 floor plate!

Community engagement site: http://www.77unionstreet.ca/

with renders from said site

View attachment 396669

Good find!

Comparatively inoffensive, but for its dullness

Finally, in the world of Render Why? ........the street is wet... Except it's also dry in the background............what's up w/that? I think they were going for the reflection in the moisture.......not sure why they'd bother, looking at it once, right side up seems like plenty to me.........

Last edited:
This application no longer comes up on the City's application website and map. Link is also broken.

This application no longer comes up on the City's application website and map. Link is also broken.

A couple of notes here:

1) The community engagement/public facing website for the proposal is still live and has all the docs on it.

2) The City changed the AIC a couple of months back and made most applications invisible by default (visible to City staff but not the public)......

This broke dozens of links for existing proposals, including the Dawes Library and apparently this site. I wouldn't draw any conclusions atm.

Do you think this might mean a JV with Hines and H&R? That would be interesting...

The wording chosen in the Lobbyist Registry would not support that conclusion, to me; though sometimes it's just off.........but I'll let you be the judge:

1658769432590.png

Back