Toronto 5238 Dundas West | 135.9m | 41s | Main and Main | Arcadis

artyboy123

Member Bio
Reaction score
This is the site of the Dundas Street Grille, on the north side between Aukland Road and Jopling Avenue.

5238DundasWtWGSV.jpg

We used to go to the Dundas Street Grille for brunch when I was a kid sometimes after church, until my family stopped going to church. Not sure if it's in any way particularly good or what it's like these days, but diner-style breakfast food is pretty much always enjoyable and it has a place in my memory.

It's amazing all the changes in this area and even though the architecture of most of the new buildings is pretty terrible, I really welcome it. The barren wide open concrete landscapes of Etobicoke becoming a bit more of a city and it's a great transit-accessible place for population growth. What's even more striking is how many potential development sites there still are in the area (and going further west on Dundas) that aren't even in the pipeline yet. Interesting and good to see some development of the north side of Dundas as well.

So much for residential developments being undesirable around high voltage transmission lines. This is literally as close as you can get to one, and it's probably the densest build i've seen right next to one as well.

How long before the legendary Apache Burger right next door bites the dust too?

From the Planning Rationale Report:

The subject site abuts a Toronto Hydro
Corridor to the north-west and a City of Toronto unopened road easement to the north
which separates each portion of the subject site (Figure 2).

1633101552042.png

1633101584417.png

1633101617995.png

1633101640470.png

1633101671196.png

1633101692940.png

Looking good to me I'm liking this!

The only things that irk me are the parkland dedication which is a joke/pointless, and the # of parking spots. This thing is right next to the Kipling Transit Hub, 177 spaces really?
should come with at least 480 parking spaces
#51 studio units with no parking
#248 1 bedroom with 248 parking spots
#120 2 bedroom with 120 parking spots
#56 3 bedroom with 112 parking spots , should come with 2 spaces

(edit was thinking of a different project on Dundas across from Cloverdale mall/Food Basic)
this building is not walking distance to Kipling subway , you still have to take a bus
most people in area have cars

Last edited:
Surprisingly decent for Etobicoke...

I can't wait to see Six Points plaza next door explode with towers!

should come with at least 480 parking spaces
#51 studio units with no parking
#248 1 bedroom with 248 parking spots
#120 2 bedroom with 120 parking spots
#56 3 bedroom with 112 parking spots , should come with 2 spaces

this building is not walking distance to Kipling subway , you still have to take a bus
most people in area have cars

Are you serious? This project is literally across the street from Kipling station.

Back