Toronto 4872 Dundas West | 15.57m | 4s | GGRF Dundas Development Corporation | Peter Del Grosso Design

artyboy123

Member Bio
Reaction score
Taken from DevApp:

"Proposed development for a 4 storey mixed use building with a gross floor area of 986 m2. The ground and second floors would contain offices and the third and fourth floors would contain a total of 5 residential dwelling units. The existing mixed use building would be demolished."

DevApp Link: http://app.toronto.ca/AIC/index.do?folderRsn=V/LARRGC8qsOo+iAJvlKQg==

Taken from the Architectural Plan:

PLN - Architectural Plans - JUN 7  2021-13.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - JUN 7  2021-14.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - JUN 7  2021-15.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - JUN 7  2021-16.jpg

The existing home adds some character to Islington Village, but I can see how it's an under-utilization of the site. There are lots of other sites in the immediate area that are crying out for redevelopment...

Update:

I found some artist rendering for the project via the DevApp

Here are the renderings (Part 1):

PLN - Renderings or Perspective Drawings - JUN 7  2021-1.jpg

PLN - Renderings or Perspective Drawings - JUN 7  2021-2.jpg

PLN - Renderings or Perspective Drawings - JUN 7  2021-3.jpg

PLN - Renderings or Perspective Drawings - JUN 7  2021-4.jpg

Attachments

• PLN - Renderings or Perspective Drawings - JUN 7  2021-5.jpg
    PLN - Renderings or Perspective Drawings - JUN 7 2021-5.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 75
  • PLN - Renderings or Perspective Drawings - JUN 7  2021-6.jpg
    PLN - Renderings or Perspective Drawings - JUN 7 2021-6.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 91
  • PLN - Renderings or Perspective Drawings - JUN 7  2021-7.jpg
    PLN - Renderings or Perspective Drawings - JUN 7 2021-7.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 76
The design details look uninspired. The columns along the lane make you wonder if one day a service vehicle will crash into one of them and take the whole building down.

I am surprised by the fact the "livable" units are condominiums, not rental units! I guess it does have the appeal of the "missing middle" development!

It's a run-of-the-mill Edwardian Foursquare house that seems out of place on a main street. It might have a connection to the original families of the area when it was a small town, but it seems unremarkable on its own. I'm not thrilled about the replacement, but at least we're getting increased density and a mix of uses.

June 26. House is partially hidden by trees where the silver car is located on Dundas
DJI_0305.JPG

Attachments

• DJI_0305.JPG
    DJI_0305.JPG
    251.2 KB · Views: 29

Back