Mississauga 4099 Erin Mills Parkway | 38.6m | 10s | Queenscorp | Turner Fleischer

Haven't had a chance to walk down but did a little driveway flight on Saturday night instead.
As you know from reading this thread, I have had to start watermarking my photos due to unauthorized use. Please bear with me while I fine tune the balance between providing protection without being too intrusive. It sucks that I have to do this and it slows me down but here we are. I am open to suggestions if you want to comment in this thread, via Private Message, or in my own thread in the photos section..

1683592228146.jpeg

1683592049869.jpeg

1683592071246.jpeg

1683592094000.jpeg

Haven't had a chance to walk down but did a little driveway flight on Saturday night instead.
As you know from reading this thread, I have had to start watermarking my photos due to unauthorized use. Please bear with me while I fine tune the balance between providing protection without being too intrusive. It sucks that I have to do this and it slows me down but here we are. I am open to suggestions if you want to comment in this thread, via Private Message, or in my own thread in the photos section..

View attachment 475500
View attachment 475491
View attachment 475494
View attachment 475499
1 nice plaza and super urban
2 only one of your pictures has a watermark
3 I was just about to make wallpaper for my office with your drone shots. Was this wrong?

Nope, they are all marked.

I just assumed you were using them as toilet paper but that's fabulous news about the wallpaper! ;)

There was to be 32 deputations, but a few no shows with the main 20 having the major impact against the plan.

Over flow chambers with ppl standing and rooms setup for the over flow.

The mayor has started her campaign for leadership of the Liberals and going after power in 2026.

It was the best opposition campaign against something in council cambers I have seen since 2000 and a well layout attack.

There should be more density for that area, but not the plan proposal that I would have voted it down. Loosing that retail space is poor planning and can be accommodated in a good design.

Oh!!! the buildings are going to be taller at 15th floor that only surface on Monday with the still too high one bedroom units and 5% 3 bedroom.

This area is a good example of poor urban design with a ring road and low density. There should be no on street parking at all and shows there are 4 plus cars for the area in place of 2-3 that should be there. Again an example where the locals are the cause of traffic issues for the area as well noise. Standard 4 story is welcome, but not anything taller.

It was rejected and it will be shot down if the developer appeals the rejection.

Reactions: jys
I saw this development and created an account to just make this post.

Regardless of the argument as to if the 700 units are appropriate for the area, I do not think that this developer (Queenscorp) should be able to make 700 units. Their build quality and willingness to remediate issues from their past projects are not okay and neither is their craftsmanship.

Many units in their other development have issues pertaining to water ingress from the roof, shady contracts with companies that provide service, water standing on the balconies, and many many fit and finish issues.

I know one owner who moved in an they had hooked up two cold water lines instead of one hot and one cold water line to their washing machine and the second bathroom. They had paint splatters everywhere, and the finishing work on the floorboards, stair trim, and laminate flooring was awful. The carpets also had gaps that were noticeable.

They also did not put in an elevator in the complex from the parking even though they are legally required to do so. Even the electrical work in the units were shoddy - some appliances would stop working if lights on a different circuit were left on, and then work fine if they were left on. Some of the light fixtures did not have the ground hooked up correctly or did not have both screws in the bracket holding it to the ceiling. The garbage chutes and garage doors kept breaking. The paint on the bricks on the outside weren't applied correctly. The paint on the pavement faded away after a year and a half. The door handles they used were cheap and broke off or ended up crooked.

I hope the city gives this land to a competent developer instead.

Regardless of the argument as to if the 700 units are appropriate for the area, I do not think that this developer (Queenscorp) should be able to make 700 units. Their build quality and willingness to remediate issues from their past projects are not okay and neither is their craftsmanship.

Many units in their other development have issues pertaining to water ingress from the roof, shady contracts with companies that provide service, water standing on the balconies, and many many fit and finish issues.

I know one owner who moved in an they had hooked up two cold water lines instead of one hot and one cold water line to their washing machine and the second bathroom. They had paint splatters everywhere, and the finishing work on the floorboards, stair trim, and laminate flooring was awful. The carpets also had gaps that were noticeable.

They also did not put in an elevator in the complex from the parking even though they are legally required to do so. Even the electrical work in the units were shoddy - some appliances would stop working if lights on a different circuit were left on, and then work fine if they were left on. Some of the light fixtures did not have the ground hooked up correctly or did not have both screws in the bracket holding it to the ceiling. The garbage chutes and garage doors kept breaking. The paint on the bricks on the outside weren't applied correctly. The paint on the pavement faded away after a year and a half. The door handles they used were cheap and broke off or ended up crooked.

I hope the city gives this land to a competent developer with the go ahead of 1400 units.

Interesting but not relevant to this thread. Queenscorp owns the land so the city isn't able to give it to anyone.

This may be flipped to another developer if QC can't make it work

Over the last two months the landscaping around the plaza has been enhanced with new hydrangas and other bushes planted and new sod laid after years of neglect.
For the second time in 9 months there has been another fatal collision on Erin Mills Parkway. I didn't notice it at the time of flight but EMP was closed from the Folkway down to Burnhamthorpe.
1688211011895.jpeg

Back