Toronto 3326 Bloor West | 183.1m | 55s | CreateTO | Adamson

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score

20200827_104945.png
20200827_104948.jpg
20200827_104950.png

Agreed with above, the density looks good for what is basically a subway station site!

Last edited by a moderator:
sucks , this would mean no more free parking on the weekend at Islington station with this development for anyone who wants to go downtown

sucks , this would mean no more free parking on the weekend at Islington station with this development for anyone who wants to go downtown
There will still be one lot under the power lines to the northeast of the station. Otherwise, go to a parking lot at Kipling, or get to the station by bus or some other method. There's no reason why we should be holding developable land as surface parking at a subway station.

Thrilled to finally see some movement on this, as the current state of the site has been an eyesore for decades. I agree with the other comments however that the density is a bit on the light side considering the location. All the proposed tower heights are less than the towers right across the tracks - how is that justified? If anything, 60 floors or more would be appropriate here. Why does the city always lowball this kind of stuff?

Thrilled to finally see some movement on this, as the current state of the site has been an eyesore for decades. I agree with the other comments however that the density is a bit on the light side considering the location. All the proposed tower heights are less than the towers right across the tracks - how is that justified? If anything, 60 floors or more would be appropriate here. Why does the city always lowball this kind of stuff?
60+ floors is really pushing it, but yes more density should be a given here.

Just please don't repeat Hong Kong's mistake - that 90% of the residential buildings are soul-destroyingly boring and hideous.
At least we're not going to be building the next Kowloon Walled City, which was the most densely populated neighbourhood in all of human history, though it was later demolished. It was the king of all slums.

KWC_-_1989_Aerial.jpg

Kowloon Walled City in 1989

KWC_-_Night.jpg

Edge of Kowloon Walled City in 1993, one year before demolition

Last edited:
There will still be one lot under the power lines to the northeast of the station. Otherwise, go to a parking lot at Kipling, or get to the station by bus or some other method. There's no reason why we should be holding developable land as surface parking at a subway station.

yeah i know what you mean it's a great plan , i use free GO station parking now , hopefully they don't do this at GO stations , you have to be a driver to understand
if I used TTC to get downtown , it would be a combination of walking +bus +subway = over ++1hr:15-30mins !!!!! . last thing you want to be doing is walking at 1am at night in a shady neighbourhood when its -25 C after a hard evenings shift work !! for example

Kowloon Walled City was formed from cultural and circumstantial influences of its day. Some of it not too different from the likes of Lower East Side Manhattan, albeit in less architectural noteworthy manner and minus the political implications behind it. The existence of it stands as an urban case study of its place and time as a habitat for working class and/or immigrant folks during that era. My father grew up within a few blocks outside of that area, and today stands one of the finest urban parks in the entire territory. Behind the notoriety lies humanity in various forms of resourcefulness to make a living for the betterment of their families and next generation.

Back