Toronto 328 Bloor West | 114.92m | 37s | First Capital | BDP Quadrangle

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
New application in the AIC for this prominent corner.

North-East corner of Bloor and Spadina.

1636179919094.png

Link: http://app.toronto.ca/AIC/index.do?folderRsn=UvCaXU6I/HdQouhreM1ryA==

Aerial Pic:

1636179885069.png

Streetview:

1636180001083.png

Site Size: 0.23ha/0.58ac

Heritage Protection: None

Dear Santa, zero parking here, please. Is it possible to build a tower over the Spadina station just to the north? Maybe package it with the developer delivering some repairs/improvements to the station.
Zero parking is extreme. A car is a huge benefit. Not everyone makes six figures from their laptop. Contractors, cleaners, and delivery gig workers need a car to transport supplies.

As for the redevelopment of this site , I was expecting it to start 7-8 years ago, suprised it's taken so long.

Zero parking is extreme. A car is a huge benefit. Not everyone makes six figures from their laptop. Contractors, cleaners, and delivery gig workers need a car to transport supplies.

As for the redevelopment of this site , I was expecting it to start 7-8 years ago, suprised it's taken so long.
There's so many other buildings with parking though. We don't need every building in the city to have a sizable parking garage, especially ones that are almost above a subway station. If someone needs parking, it's not like there are a lack of other options in terms of condos downtown.

Just a note for the Spadina & Bloor Scotia Bank users.
Scotia Bank is opening up @ Dupont & Howland on the ground level of Bianca condos.
If condos mean tearing down the Spadina & Bloor bank building, at least you'll know where the nearest Scotia Bank is.

Doesn't necessarily include all the addresses on this application, but 332 Bloor St W (the Scotiabank property), is listed on First Capital's portfolio:

While here are some photos showing the interior of the Fresh restaurant:

fresh.JPG
fresh2.JPG
fresh3.JPG

It's hard to say for sure. If it's a couple, then maybe? I suppose it depends on the type of work the second person does?
Sure, but let's run the numbers. Let's assume they buy a 600 sq.ft. 1+den or 2 bedroom at $1,400 psf (reasonable guestimate for a pre-con in this area). Assuming a 20% down payment puts the mortgage at 672k. Most banks will approve mortgages about 4x one's annual income. So the couple needs a combined income of 168k minimum. Two intermediate professionals/middle managers can afford that, but no way is a cleaner or food delivery worker making that much. And besides, most food delivery workers downtown are on bikes, not cars. Cleaners might be getting picked and brought to sites by their company. Most people living here will probably be professionals working downtown and taking the subway. If this site does need parking, the ratio should be no more than 0.1 spots/unit.

Back