Toronto 30 Scollard | 231.4m | 61s | Constantine Enterprises | CAL

This has a single four-storey penthouse within the sloping section at the top of the building, so the whole thing is likely a vanity project for Edward Rogers or Robert Hiscox to call home… …so I think there may be a driving force here to maintain the landmark quality of this proposal… as long as they get enough buy-in from other society types for the other suites of course. All the suites are rather odd layouts owing to the very slender nature of the tower; give the architectural plans a look!

Meanwhile, there's also this one the front page.

Alright Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up;

30ScollardStrSE1280K.jpg

30ScollardStrNE1280K.jpg

30ScollardBirdsSW1280K.jpg

30ScollardAerSE1280K.jpg

Lately there's been a handful of these proposed projects in this downtown core . With this type of beam and cladding style of a facade. That should be left as is because of there uniqueness that the city needs for the diversity of buildings !

This cuts so deep. I have this exact same reaction every time.

:( Ramako, you post so rarely these days

Try not to destroy every dream of potential!

LOL

i'm a professional pragmatist and cynic; but if I didn't believe things could be better......

There would be no point.

Yes, I am sorry but I am having the same reaction as a lot on this forum: this is amazing. And this will never get built as rendered.

This looks waaaay too expensive to be a completed as the rendering shows. The engineering and materials needed for that podium, as rendered, are probably not realistic (as it would price the units out of the marketplace, or render profits impossible). I consider these renders to be like the first renders of the Gehry building: fantastical..... and expected to be greatly cheapened when/if it finally gets built.

Yes, I am sorry but I am having the same reaction as a lot on this forum: this is amazing. And this will never get built as rendered.

This looks waaaay too expensive to be a completed as the rendering shows. The engineering and materials needed for that podium, as rendered, are probably not realistic (as it would price the units out of the marketplace, or render profits impossible). I consider these renders to be like the first renders of the Gehry building: fantastical..... and expected to be greatly cheapened when/if it finally gets built.
I do believe with a few tweaks it can be built as rendered. However, the will to build it as is remains highly in doubt for a number of reasons. /sigh

Back