Toronto 2500 Don Mills | 171.15m | 52s | Marlin Spring | Wallman Architects

New renderings updated to the database. The storey count changed from 39 and 30 storey to 52 & 43 storey. The height changed also from 129.90m & 103.05m to 171.15m, 146.30m. Total unit increased from 823 units to 1167 units.

Rendering taken from the arch plan via rezoning submission

PLN - Architectural Plans - Architectural Plan_2500 Don Mills-7.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - Architectural Plan_2500 Don Mills-8.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - Architectural Plan_2500 Don Mills-9.jpg

Oh my; Marlin Spring says; "Why just be ugly; when you can be Fortress Double Ugly?!"

Well, that's not their exact slogan; but it does sum up the spirit of it well.

Curious +344 units and 26 additional floors over two towers and no Planning Report Addendum?

I wonder if @ProjectEnd would have thoughts on that.

Last edited:
Oh my; Marlin Spring says; "Why just being ugly; when you can be Fortress Double Ugly?!"

Well, that's not their exact slogan; but it does sum up the spirit of it well.

Curious +344 units and 26 additional floors over two towers and no Planning Report Addendum?

I wonder if @ProjectEnd would have thoughts on that.
I'm no fan of MS, they're one of the worst offenders, but, regarding this 'design', it's exactly what "zoning" should be:

I'm no fan of MS, they're one of the worst offenders, but, regarding this 'design', it's exactly what "zoning" should be:

I don't like the orange box at this stage either.

I think the podium has the massing of a fortress.

But I was also meaning to solicit your view on whether a Planning Report Addendum should be required for this scale of increased density vs the previous submission.

I see Marlin Spring is taking some inspiration from Concord: hulking podium that's likely going to bring nothing to the table with 2 very likely uninspiring towers.

This is going to be ugly.

Back