Toronto 191 Sherbourne | 157m | 49s | Fitzrovia | PARTISANS

16C2369D-60DA-49CB-B6F8-4CEDE8329997.jpeg

For those keeping track; I'm agreeing with @AlexBozikovic again. LOL

And @GenerationLee and @egotrippin as well.

I don't think the covering of the masonry works here.

The balconies are a bit ho-hum, but they're ok (though the use of something more similar to the original would have been welcome); as are the replacement windows........but the covering of the masonry just .....no.

If one were to do that, at least the new finish should add some visual value, it really doesn't here.

The white repaint actually bothers me more than covering the brickwork in panels. It just looks wrong. Should have left it concrete, or at least paint it grey and not stark white. I kept hoping it was just a primer coat and they'd put the real colour on soon.

When exactly, and by who’s decree did downtown east side become Toronto’s urinal puck?

The white repaint actually bothers me more than covering the brickwork in panels. It just looks wrong. Should have left it concrete, or at least paint it grey and not stark white. I kept hoping it was just a primer coat and they'd put the real colour on soon.

Or just wash it - the concrete is probably the best part. Not too offended by the redo otherwise - and there is hoping it is more energy efficient that it was before.

AoD

🤨

Hmmm, this one has been quiet for a bit..........but fresh lobbying on the file..............from Fitzrovia............

"Epic" downgrade in the architecture here. I'm all for upgrading the suites themselves, but cutting out a lot of the brutalist touches is really disappointing.

Back