Toronto 160 Front West | 239.87m | 46s | Cadillac Fairview | AS + GG

Golden Hour

CB9B463F-AD93-41E9-93C9-1492F2EE02E2.jpeg

This building looked so much better in the renders. A stark black facade would have been so much more harmonious with the existing TD Centre

This building may be finishing above expectations. There's still plenty of room for improvement here namely the unattractive east/west massing.

This building looked so much better in the renders. A stark black facade would have been so much more harmonious with the existing TD Centre
You're definitely an outlier when it comes to not liking the way this one is coming together, fair enough, but also, this is several buildings away from the TD Centre. Why would you want it to be harmonious with them in particular? Just because they're going to slap their logo up top? Their logo is also atop Brookfield Place, and it looks nothing like the TD Centre.

You're definitely an outlier when it comes to not liking the way this one is coming together, fair enough,

Add me to the outlier list. Interesting but doesn't blow me away. Might be that I'm tired of all the glass clad buildings being built these days. Certainly not up to the standards of the 70's bank towers in my mind.

Add me to the outlier list. Interesting but doesn't blow me away. Might be that I'm tired of all the glass clad buildings being built these days. Certainly not up to the standards of the 70's bank towers in my mind.
While I certainly concur with your views on the first bit...I'm not sure they could do that glass as easily back then with the last bit. It seems to me that's on a whole new level, IMO.

...but yeah, it won't be everyone's cup of tea...and that's a fair point.

I would be in the outlier list as well. This building doesn't look bad to me but in my books, it's nowhere near CIBC Square or the old bank towers in Financial District. It's an average looking office building for me.

I'll be your plus 2. I mean it's one of the better buildings go up for sure, but I would much rather have something that resembles the Scotia Bank building, TD Canada Trust Tower or, Brookfield Place. Anything that isn't glass is much needed, but unfortunately those days seem to be gone.

Back