Toronto 150 Sterling | 51m | 14s | Marlin Spring | Giannone Petricone

@Amare will articulate it a bit more harshly than me later on, but I think this is trending downhill.
Oh make no mistake about that, this is (if not already) trending towards absolute gutter trash which is the standard for Marlin Spring. I wish Hines didnt sell part of this development to this bottom-dweller developer.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...
giphy.gif

Pre site photo. Was in the area discussing this building and others and the ideas/reasonings behind changes. Will be up to the developer if what is proposed (Not public yet in terms of materials, articulation) comes to fruition. For the limitations of the site I think it is pretty good and gives the Automotive Building some breathing room as the Office portion to the south kind of chokes it. (Photos of the posted: https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/toronto-t3-sterling-road-52-52m-11s-hines-dlr.27430/page-10 )

20230317_130021.jpg

H bylaws are pretty unusual in Toronto but very common elsewhere - lifting of the H applications are very technical in nature.

...if they water down that design anymore, it will all wash away. /sigh

Well, that paneling got replaced with what looks like maybe brick? So that's not much, but it's something.

But yeah. My run club meets at this intersection ever week and it's been frustrating seeing the potential of this area look like it's going to be buried under several lazily-designed developments...

Back