Toronto 1325 The Queensway | 153.68m | 46s | Tribute | Graziani + Corazza

male-chimpanzee-in-business-clothes-picture-id143921954

Designed by clowns (G+C), built by monkeys (Tribute).

This is a steaming hot pile of garbage, and it would easily be in the nominations for worst high-rise builds of the 2020's. We dont even need to see the other builds that will happen this decade, that's how confident I am this would easily be in the Top 10 worst high-rise builds.

Every single piece of this proposal needs to be rejected to the fullest extent possible, i'm actually disgusted by this non-sense. All G+C did here is literally combine 2 Y+C's together, then slapped on the ugliest and most hideous/monstrous podium to attach the 2 towers.

Graziani + Corazza can call themselves an "architecture firm", but they arent. They are a Dollar Store, bargain bin, incompetent, joke of a company.

Digging deeper into the arch plans, it looks like there is zero retail proposed, not even on the The Queensway frontage.

Instead it is being directed to amenity space, and a daycare facility. This seems to me to be a big mistake, there should be retail on all space fronting The Queensway.

1629234404272.png

Digging deeper into the arch plans, it looks like there is zero retail proposed, not even on the The Queensway frontage.

Instead it is being directed to amenity space, and a daycare facility. This seems to me to be a big mistake, there should be retail on all space fronting The Queensway.

View attachment 342183
There's no real walking and shopping culture on this south side of The Queensway (there is a little of that on the north side east of Kipling, but that's it in this area). This development, and the one opposite on the northwest corner (which will have retail at ground level) are both pretty big though, and the north side development should engender more walking, but you'd think this one could too. Two daycares is a lot in one complex, but someone must consider them important… but couldn't one of them go on a second floor so that there could be some retail at ground level here? Hmm…

New rendering updated in the database. Total storey count changed from 44 and 37 storey to 46 & 35 storey. Overall total parking space changed from 1045 parking to 890 parking.

Renderings taken from the architectural plan via Site Plan Approval:

PLN - Architectural Plans - NOV 18  2022-1.jpg

This proposal needs to get lost. Complete disaster, ill suited for this area (which says a lot because there's not much in this area), and is way too overbearing.

Tribute/G+C take your garbage and pack it up elsewhere.

Back