Toronto 1303 Yonge | 43.3m | 10s | Aspen Ridge | BDP Quadrangle

Furthermore expanding on the cladding materials, here's what is shown in the architectural drawings show.

Depending on the exact component, the green parts appear to be a combination of:

<Sculpted rain screen / Metal / Precast / Terracotta Panel>
<Flat rain screen / Metal / Precast / Terracotta Panel>
<Ribbed precast concrete panel>

cplex2.JPG

cplex.JPG

We need more buildings clad like this , but in the 15-30 story range too with stepbacks.

Normally I dislike overhang over oversized retail units, but the arched edges soften it nicely

The development, a mixed-use 11-storey residential building, will include 20,055 square metres of gross floor area and contain 102 residential units. What makes the condominium somewhat unique is the large number of three-bedroom units that will be available, and presumably of great interest to families looking to move into this upscale and family-friendly neighbourhood.

The ninth- and tenth-floor units will be two storeys.

“The Proposal will provide for additional housing to the Yonge-St. Clair area, an area which has exceptional transit access and is well served by parks and open spaces, community services, restaurants, and services,” reads a letter from Bousfields Inc. submitted to the city of Toronto as part of the development application. “All of the new dwelling units will have three bedrooms and will contribute to the diversity of housing options. The Proposal provides for new office space which is specifically designed for the Yonge-St. Clair market and can accommodate a variety of office sizes and types. In addition, street-related retail and restaurant uses will be located at grade.”

Although the development is on a major subway line, there are still 153 vehicle parking spaces for residents proposed on three levels of underground parking in addition to 141 spaces for bicycle parking.

Meeting went pretty well and also ended early, which I have personally never seen happen during a community consultation before.

A few people said they liked the preliminary designs. Nobody really had anything to say about the built form since it's exactly the same height as The Jack.

Only real comments were regarding construction noise and disruption - some people also used this as a way to low-key complain about the Yonge bike lanes, but others spoke positively about them including the future upgrades to the pedestrian realm on this stretch of Yonge.

I think it'll be smooth sailing for this one.

So, I've been staying quiet about what's happening here for a bit..........except for mentioning in other threads that this area may be the subject of future re-submissions and greater height.

But now that there's something on the horizon, on the public record..........

1687378139711.png

Architect remains BDPQ; client remains Aspen Ridge

Aspen Ridge just picked up 1251 Yonge for $21.5M. If you squeeze all of the setbacks, could be a two tower site. Or 1 tower + midrise quite easily.

Aspen Ridge just picked up 1251 Yonge for $21.5M. If you squeeze all of the setbacks, could be a two tower site. Or 1 tower + midrise quite easily.
Yep, if I was Aspen Ridge I'd push for more height and density here.

Something is very much in the works.

That's about all I can say for now.

Aspen Ridge along with Pemberton just picked up 1251 Yonge for $21.5M. If you squeeze all of the setbacks, could be a two tower site. Or 1 tower + midrise quite easily.

just added that nugget

Back