Burlington 1120 Cooke Boulevard | 109.66m | 33s | Adi | Core Architects

Paclo

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
1120 Cooke Boulevard: a proposed 36, 36 & 26-storey mixed-use condo & retail development designed by CORE Architects for Adi Development Group on the northeast corner of Waterdown Road and Masonry Court in Burlington's Aldershot neighbourhood.

Renders from the Burlington Development Application Package:
Architectural-Plans_10-07-2021-19.jpg
Architectural-Plans_10-07-2021-0.jpg
Architectural-Plans_10-07-2021-17.jpg
Architectural-Plans_10-07-2021-18.jpg

Adi Development Group has received from the The Home Construction Regulatory Authority (a regulatory entity that oversees the development industry)‚ a Notice of Proposal to revoke its licence. This would be one of six sites that presumably will be/has been shut down sales-wise and will eventually be sold off if the license is ultimately revoked. Adi has appealed. There's a well-written story here about it all, and about the appeal here.

A three-tower condo project planned for a Burlington neighbourhood has undergone some changes.

The development proposed for 1120 Cooke Blvd. in Aldershot will see changes in the number of storeys in each of the three buildings.

• The building at the northwest corner of the site will go from 36-storeys with a four-storey podium to 33-storeys with a 12-storey podium
  • The building on the southeast will go from 26-storeys to 29-storeys with a six-storey podium that steps down to three storeys to the north
  • The building on the southwest will go from 36-storeys to 31-storeys
Originally the buildings were originally to be connected but that will no longer be the case. However, a plaza has been added at the ground level connecting the two buildings.

The new plans also reflect an increase in the number of residential units in the complex which go from 1,139 to 1,165. As well, the number of parking spaces has increased from 1,031 to 1,145 with six underground parking levels. The space for retail use on the ground floor has also been increased.

The project is currently being reviewed by City of Burlington planning officials.

Relatively minor changes, but notable ones nonetheless

Building A (northwest corner) - 36s/4s podium -> 33s/12s podium
Building B (southeast corner) - 26s/3s podium -> 29s/6s podium
Building C (southwest corner) - 36s/3s podium -> 31s/6s podium
Building C has also been rotated 90 degrees

In the original submission, B and C shared a podium. The new design has separated the two buildings and has added a ground-level plaza in between them.

Number of units has increased from 1139 -> 1165.

At-grade retail space has increased from 231m^2 -> 495m^2 // 2486sqf -> 5328sqf

Below-grade parking spaces have increased from 1031 on 5 levels -> 1145 on 6 levels.

Original//Revised
Screenshot 2023-03-20 220925.png
Screenshot 2023-03-20 221201.png

Original//Revised
Screenshot 2023-03-20 221348.png
Screenshot 2023-03-20 221647.png

Original//Revised
Screenshot 2023-03-20 221826.png
Screenshot 2023-03-20 221437.png

All the info and images in this post come from https://www.burlington.ca/en/news/c...e-blvd.aspx#Pre-Application-Community-Meeting

Lol surface parking right beside the “urban” square 😂
I don't disagree that they should be underground, but those are the only spaces designated for retail. All underground spaces are for residents. I would prefer to see, throughout all developments with ground floor retail, only accessible spaces at ground level and have all standard spaces below grade

honestly I'd be fine with a few surface spaces here even, but preferably locate them somewhere else other than right beside the urban square.
Yeah it just becomes a bit of a pickle when you try to fit them somewhere else, again I agree with you completely, but the only other spot they could go is where that greenspace is in the top right unless you start moving towers around, and the reason there's no tower in that corner is for shadow reasons. I don't think I'm doing a good job of explaining that but you probably understand haha

Back