Toronto 1109 Bathurst Street | 31.9m | 8s | Talus Capital | Paul Hastings Architect

The car wash place has been fenced off:

20220611_102346.jpg
20220611_102852.jpg

No new renderings are updated in the database. The only change to the project information is the overall building height changed from 32.30m to 31.90m. Total storey count decreased from 9 storeys to 8 storeys.

Beside rail corridors seems an apt place for these sorts of facilities - not a lot of people in the event of a derailment, or to breathe the fumes from the passing freight locomotives. and in this case the unusual additional height providing something of a noise buffer. Compare to the pictured nearby development east of Albany. What would make me think differently is GO showing up and serving a station at Dupont/Spadina

1664117299122.png

Unnecessary different material colour on the first two floors now as per the plans from summer 2023 - even more egregious, sto brick!

thumbs down

View attachment 519803
View attachment 519804

Seriously, UT, we need to get David a job as brick quality control officer...........(for the City?) ( A coalition of developers?)

I'm not sure we can find a statutory basis for it............but we should make one up.

I'm not being sarcastic here,; I'm entirely serious. David is great at picking up on this sort of thing. Many of us here recognize bad brick when we see it, far fewer recognize it at the planning stage and can also dissect the colour/composition fulsomely.

There must be a way we can monetize David's skill for David and the rest of us!

Seriously, UT, we need to get David a job as brick quality control officer...........(for the City?) ( A coalition of developers?)

I'm not sure we can find a statutory basis for it............but we should make one up.

I'm not being sarcastic here,; I'm entirely serious. David is great at picking up on this sort of thing. Many of us here recognize bad brick when we see it, far fewer recognize it at the planning stage and can also dissect the colour/composition fulsomely.

There must be a way we can monetize David's skill for David and the rest of us!
we also need an annual brick awards to honour those who bless us with half-decent bricks

I would have imagined there'd be demand for more than 8s of storage. 20s seems feasible even

Back