Barrie 108-122 Harvie Road | 14.57m | 4s | ASA Development | ISM Architects

Undead

Member Bio
Reaction score
N.B. I'll be posting a bunch of recent development applications in Barrie. Generally, I'll only be including proposals that have had some activity in the last 2-3 years. There are a few more proposals that seem to have stalled years ago, so my posts today aren't exhaustive. But it's clear development is on fire in Barrie--another place flying relatively under the radar like KW and Hamilton. Apologies if any of these proposals have already been posted and please merge the threads.

Application: https://www.barrie.ca/City Hall/Pla...ents/Ward6/Pages/108-116-122-Harvie-Road.aspx

Type of ApplicationDate Application ReceivedStatus
Zoning By-law AmendmentOctober 12, 2021Under Review
Plan of SubdivisionOctober 12, 2021Under Review

Some moderate intensification.

"The proposed Zoning By-law Amendment seeks to amend the existing ‘Residential Single Detached Dwelling First Density (R1)’ zoning over the lands to ‘Residential Multiple Dwelling Second Density – Special (RM2)(SP)’, ‘Residential Multiple Dwelling Second Density-Townhouse (RM2-TH)’, and ‘Residential Single Detached Dwelling Fourth Density (R4)’

The proposal would facilitate the development of 127 dwelling units and the extension of Beacon Road from Montserrand Street to Thrushwood Drive. Fifty (50) units are proposed in a 4-storey apartment building, in addition to sixty-five (65) townhouse units, and twelve (12) single detached dwellings units."

Elevation drawing:

1.JPG

Streetview:

2.JPG

Back