News   Mar 28, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 589     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 885     0 

Thoughts on Canderel as a developer for precon?

reactx

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Does anyone have experience with the quality of Canderel as a developer? I am a FTHB interested in a condo in the GTA area and I was recommended 908 St. Clair West which is being build by Canderel. Seems okay as it is a mid-rise and I feel like mid-rises are better to live in than a high-rise. I'm familiar with the location having grown up in the area. But I wouldn't mind living somewhere else.

However when doing research on Canderel as a builder, there seems to be mixed reviews on their previous developments, namely Aura and YC. Stories of poor quality finishes etc. My biggest and perhaps my only real concern in buying a unit is quality of the building, i.e. I would hate to go through the pain in the ass process of financing a condo and finding that the quality is not great, especially with the ridiculous prices of precon right now in the city.

I think Canderel has a bad rep on these forums. From what I've seen, Tridel and Daniels generally offer higher build quality.

Hello everyone,

Does anyone have experience with the quality of Canderel as a developer? I am a FTHB interested in a condo in the GTA area and I was recommended 908 St. Clair West which is being build by Canderel. Seems okay as it is a mid-rise and I feel like mid-rises are better to live in than a high-rise. I'm familiar with the location having grown up in the area. But I wouldn't mind living somewhere else.

However when doing research on Canderel as a builder, there seems to be mixed reviews on their previous developments, namely Aura and YC. Stories of poor quality finishes etc. My biggest and perhaps my only real concern in buying a unit is quality of the building, i.e. I would hate to go through the pain in the ass process of financing a condo and finding that the quality is not great, especially with the ridiculous prices of precon right now in the city.
I had a 50th floor apartment at the Residences of College Park for a decade; I was the first occupant. The hallway finishes were cheap - peeling wallpaper and MDF galore, including in the elevators, where it was eventually replaced with glass after everything got scratched up. However, the apartment itself was well-built, soundproofing was great and I experienced no electrical or plumbing issue whatsoever. The main problem was the elevators which were constantly down and took forever to repair, but I wouldn't be overly concerned about it in a mid-rise.

Back