Toronto The Uptown Residences | ?m | 48s | Pemberton | Burka

Wow...gotta love the chutzpah of launching a legal action to prevent the views from your newly contructed highrise being obstructed by a...newly constructed highrise. Some people...

Oct. 21st Update

Uptown & Blu site

uptown1.jpg

uptown2.jpg

uptown-blu1.jpg

uptown-blu2.jpg

uptown-blu3.jpg

This project cannot be built fast enough. It will be 'refreshing' to see more beautiful buildings near Bloor Street!!

Build baby build!

I agree, but this building might possibly be the slowest ever to move. London on the Esplande and Murano being other considerations for this coveted prize.

Almost every building on this board gets the same "this is going so slow" complaints.

Wow...gotta love the chutzpah of launching a legal action to prevent the views from your newly contructed highrise being obstructed by a...newly constructed highrise. Some people...

In North America, we have probably seen this type of complaint in nearly every urban area with some density in skyline and an accompanying residential mix. or the dreaded, so-called 'residential ghetto'. Some of the newer developments advertise that they will 'never' have an obstructed view, based on site configuration (of course that is not in the contract that you sign).

Indeed. Advertising and pretty pictures of "things to be" in real estate sales materials mean squat. The Purchase and Sale Agreement is what holds water. My experience has been forget a real estate broker when buying an unbuilt property, it's a waste of time if you are a good negotiator and know what you want. Spend the time and money with a good lawyer prior to purchasing in order for him/her to scrutinize the P & S Agreement with you.

Given all the activity in the region I'm a little surprised some of these projects are moving ahead so quickly given the high demand for materials and skilled labour. Blu went from sales to a hole in the ground in pretty good time, about 13 months.

Back