News   Apr 16, 2024
 41     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 2.2K     5 

The Toronto Islands

That's a different issue entirely - I am not sure why building additional islands should be the policy response to what clearly become somewhat of a generational entitlement to public lands.

AoD

It's not.

I'm thinking of the more general issue of fairness of access, not the narrow specifics of the case you cited.

Another phase of public engagement for the Toronto Island Park Master Plan is being launched.

Open House
A drop-in open house will be held on March 1, 6-9pm, for participants to learn about key ideas and actions in the Preliminary Demonstration Plan and ask the project team questions.

Deep Dives
Four Deep Dive workshops will go into further detail on specific topics from the Preliminary Demonstration Plan.

Find all registration information, open house, and Deep Dive dates here.

For more information on the Toronto Island Master Plan visit www.toronto.ca/islandmasterplan

I had a great day out with the Missus cycling the islands from tip to tip, followed by a great lunch at the Island Cafe. I always enjoy visiting the Islands. It reminds me of Toronto’s parks in the 1980s before encampments, litter, graffiti, infrastructure neglect, the homeless, addicted and/or insane took over. Thank goodness for that moat paywall.

Last edited:
I had a great day out with the Missus cycling the islands from tip to tip, followed by a great lunch at the Island Cafe. I always enjoy visiting the Islands. It reminds me of Toronto’s parks in the 1980s before encampments, litter, graffiti, infrastructure neglect, the homeless, addicted and/or insane took over. Thank goodness for that moat paywall.
I was just there on Saturday as well for the first time this year, and also ate at the Island Cafe, which is by far the best place to eat over there. Things around Centre Island are looking rather tired and dated, but thankfully there's a master plan in the works. I'd personally still love to see the re-introduction of a historic main street with small scale retail and a heritage streetcar.

I'd personally still love to see the re-introduction of a historic main street with small scale retail and a heritage streetcar.
I like that idea. I was wondering where the residents shop for anything between their runs to the mainland. I thought the gardens in the middle look nice.

I love the idea of a heritage streetcar. You could make it free and people could just hop on and off at different places across the island, it would be so nice!
I often think the Centre Island narrow gauge train could be extended. The track’s already there, just lengthen it from Hanlan’s to Ward’s.

maxresdefault.jpg

dcf6bc971ef79c66af7ef8e07c7a147d.jpg

No bridge, thank you.

The moat paywall is the only thing keeping out the encampments, litter, graffiti, addicted and/or insane who have taken over so many of our parks. It’s the only pay to play park in the entire city. I don’t see why we can’t have just one.

Back