News   Mar 28, 2024
 517     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 335     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 347     0 

The Carlaw Urban Towns

there's a loft across the street for sale, 2100SF with parking, 2 level, $750K....better value.

there's a loft across the street for sale, 2100SF with parking, 2 level, $750K....better value.

Yes, it's a better value, but that's $230,000 more. A totally different price range.
I agree that the price of the Urban Towns is a bit on the high size when houses in the area could sometimes be had in the $500,00 range though it will need some work.

Back to the floor plan, it's nice with windows on both sides of the unit which many urban towns don't have. It's too bad that it doesn't have a private rooftop deck as it is on the top floor. My concerns are that the exterior walkway offers little privacy to the living room and reminds me of an old school motel, and it's a very long winding trek to get to the elevators.

I quite like the 975sf layout - it's functional with good sized rooms, a separate dining area, and windows on both sides as mentioned. The catwalk along the exterior is an interesting feature. I doubt there would be too much traffic with only 10 or so units along that level. I'm not a big fan of the laundry in the living room, but it's better than stealing space from the bedrooms on the 2nd floor. Speaking of that 2nd floor - I feel the separate corridor to the terrace is wasted space - I'd rather take that down and create a larger bedroom.

My biggest concerns would be the small terrace instead of rooftop, and the noise from the courtyard.

Not seeing a whole lot of closet space -- nothing in the second bedroom at all?

Back