News   Mar 28, 2024
 70     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 218     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 2.2K     1 

The beauty of Scarborough in summer

It's a little like my Maltese relatives who don't understand (at all) that i'm a vegetarian.

"There is meat available. Why would you not eat meat? We are not poor" is the sensibility.

maybe taking the water from a bigger source such as lake huron or georgian bay?

Uh the cost (electical and other) would far exceed what it costs today getting it from our doorstep.

Our water does come from Lake Huron; it just goes over Niagara Falls before it gets here.

building babel, you are right. Italians love washing the driveway and street, even after rainstorms. My dad does not do it that often before or after it rains. But a couple times he has.

Its just an Italian thing to want to keep your driveway clean.

Buy a broom. Hosing off the driveway is a rediculous waste. Perhaps you could suggest that your day invest in a rainbarrel connected to the downspouts if he wishes to indulge his hose fetish. The City used to offer kits to install a hose adapter into the bottom.

Last year I saw an elderly Italian lady pump an entire propane tank-sized container of pesticides onto her yard - which was made entirely of interlocking stones, basically one big driveway. I'm told she obsessively takes care of these paving bricks like they were her own children; weeds don't have a chance.

The next day, her garage exploded. I don't know if it was caused by all the propane tanks of chemicals or the several tons of tomatoes and tomato sauce she had been preserving in there, but it blew the garage door off, caused tons of damage inside the house, and showered bits of tomatoes all over her precious yard. The explosion even cracked windows across the street. The neighbourhood smelled like burnt spaghetti sauce for weeks.

^
Probably the best story I've read on this forum.

Re: It blowed up real good

farmfilmreport_sm.gif

Actually elook my dad phoned the city to get one of those rain downspout things. But we have to wait 6 months for it, the city said. They are backlogged.

You guys can make fun of the cleaning the bricks, ets. But Italians keep their homes in top shape. Even if we waste a little water doing it :)

Reminds me of the Monty Python "Mr. Creosote" sketch.

There are lots of Italians who take care of their homes in responsible ways.

There are good Italians and bad Italians. Bad Italians have hoses.

But what do the "Woodbridge" Italians use?

Italians love washing the driveway and street, even after rainstorms.

Its just an Italian thing to want to keep your driveway clean.

Italians keep their homes in top shape. Even if we waste a little water doing it

Were you elected official spokesperson for Italian values? I don't think the bulk of the Italian population would like you implying that they are anal retentive people that don't care about conservation and are too lazy to use a broom.

Yeah, Italians keep their homes in top shape. Even if they disfigure old Victorians with tacky brick arches and veneer and iron railings doing it. (sorry about the 70s yuppie real-estate-agent-type bigotry)

Do we know for a fact that all polticians are drowning their lawns and freezing their homes? One can rationalize pretty much any kind of action with this type of thinking (or lack of).

Back