St. Lawrence Condos at 158 Front St East (Cityzen, Fernbrook Homes) - Real Estate -

Saw the sales brochure. A decent mix of shoeboxes and good sized units here. Good layouts. There's an outdoor pool as well.

The units start at $284,000 for 406 sq.ft. (in the tower) and 453 sq.ft. (in the podium).
I agree, the units are well designed. Efficient with no wasted space. There are a good number of large units with a very nice wide and shallow style floorplan.
The top few floors on the east tower has a wall of south-facing windows in the corridor near the elevators which will be a cool and stunning feature to have.

Went into the sale office today on the Esplanade. Units around 700 per foot, some more, some less depending on height and whether it's north or south. All the terrace units sold out, both on the 8th, 10th and 23rd floors. I would have been interested. Nothing very big, even the 3 bedrooms were in the 1400 square foot range. No finishes on display yet, still leftovers from L Tower in the sames office.

How does the average buyer get the premium units, the public opening is until next weekend. I guess that's a question for a different thread.

Went into the sale office today on the Esplanade. Units around 700 per foot, some more, some less depending on height and whether it's north or south. All the terrace units sold out, both on the 8th, 10th and 23rd floors. I would have been interested. Nothing very big, even the 3 bedrooms were in the 1400 square foot range. No finishes on display yet, still leftovers from L Tower in the sames office.

How does the average buyer get the premium units, the public opening is until next weekend. I guess that's a question for a different thread.

You need to find an agent that has an in with the builder. There are several agents that get access to units long before they hit the market. They call it VIP. There's like 2-3 different rounds of VIP. Then there are the friends and family of the builder who get first dibs before even the IP.

The units start at $284,000 for 406 sq.ft. (in the tower) and 453 sq.ft. (in the podium).
I agree, the units are well designed. Efficient with no wasted space. There are a good number of large units with a very nice wide and shallow style floorplan.
The top few floors on the east tower has a wall of south-facing windows in the corridor near the elevators which will be a cool and stunning feature to have.
At 406 sq ft there had better be NO wasted space.

Then there are the friends and family of the builder who get first dibs before even the IP.

I was at their initial VIP event, and was disappointed to find out that all units I was interested in were on hold for the builder's friends and family. I'm learning that this is somewhat common, but I was pretty frustrated as I felt it was a big waste of my time.

I was at their initial VIP event, and was disappointed to find out that all units I was interested in were on hold for the builder's friends and family. I'm learning that this is somewhat common, but I was pretty frustrated as I felt it was a big waste of my time.

Yea...it's pretty frustrating indeed.

Actually this is fairly common. There could be a number of private sales events before the VIP sales event (VVIP, VVVIP, etc...), and friends and family of the developers always get first dibs on the units. There has been some developments that sell out before it is even it is launched to the public, creating a buzz in the industry.

AMfiKU3.png
vj9E59v.png

Actually this is fairly common. There could be a number of private sales events before the VIP sales event (VVIP, VVVIP, etc...), and friends and family of the developers always get first dibs on the units. There has been some developments that sell out before it is even it is launched to the public, creating a buzz in the industry.

How much of these "friends and family" is really for people that'll live there, vs giving these folks the ability to flip it later - I mean, they have first pick and will of course pick the best units.

Sorry, I'm still bitter about my experience with 158 Front. :p

How much of these "friends and family" is really for people that'll live there, vs giving these folks the ability to flip it later - I mean, they have first pick and will of course pick the best units.

Sorry, I'm still bitter about my experience with 158 Front. :p

What happened?

Back