News   Mar 28, 2024
 1K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 565     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 855     0 

Snacks: Rare finds, old favourites, flavours needed!

This product's name does not inspire confidence (in both languages).

A bit ambiguous. 'cluster' (of what); or the French which for those who don't read it, translates as 'bite'......... (of what).

The marketing is as sloppy as the ingredient list.

A bit ambiguous. 'cluster' (of what); or the French which for those who don't read it, translates as 'bite'......... (of what).

The marketing is as sloppy as the ingredient list.
I believe I once mentioned the "sticky pudding" I once saw, years ago, at the Queen's Quay Loblaws, and I laughed out loud at the translation they had then: pouding poisseux, ie, "slimy pudding" (literally, slimy as en eel - yuck!).

Went to T&T last night on my walk, and decided to pick up packages of chips w/flavours I had never tried. I did glance at the ingredients list (don't if your squeamish, LOL) they generally don't meet my standards, but I waived those for a one-off.

I had a friend over and opened the first two bags (small bags) and split them.

We tried this one:

e4b61d_ef998cfdf6c54cd890669de3e585349f~mv2.jpg

Yes, that's 'Beef Wellington' flavour.

And this one:

1688849574680.png

Described as 'Pork Belly'

Comments:

Beef Wellington: Inoffensive, and actually does vaguely remind you of the stated flavour, its got mushroom like taste, and a bit of a buttery taste that references the puff pastry. Personally, I wouldn't get it again, but not bad; my friend would get it again, if it were more reasonably priced, but didn't think it was worth the premium.

Pork Belly: I'll be damned if I got any pork-like taste out of it. Wasn't offensive, but kinda dull; my friend felt the same.

Still in a drawer waiting for later are Taro and Lime; and some sort of Asian Spicy.

Most of the rest of the novel choices were either ones I had tried, or the seafood ones, which sound unappealing to me on chips.

While there, I also glanced at the novel flavours of Kit Kat from Japan..........Melon-White Chocolate sounded vaguely amusing, but it was a rather large portion (in a bag) and ran over $5, and I didn't feel that strongly about it. Its Kit Kat, it doesn't taste very good normally.

Last edited:
Went to T&T last night on my walk, and decided to pick up packages of chips w/flavours I had never tried. I did glance at the ingredients list (don't if your squeamish, LOL) they generally don't meet my standards, but I waived those for a one-off.

I had a friend over and open the first two bags (small bags) and split them.

We tried this one:

e4b61d_ef998cfdf6c54cd890669de3e585349f~mv2.jpg

Yes, that's 'Beef Wellington' flavour.

And this one:

View attachment 490767

Described as 'Pork Belly'

Comments:

Beef Wellington: Inoffensive, and actually does vaguely remind you of the stated flavour, its got mushroom like taste, and a bit of a buttery taste that references the puff pastry. Personally, I wouldn't get it again, but not bad; my friend would get it again, if it were more reasonably priced, but didn't think it was worth the premium.

Pork Belly: I'll be damned if I got any pork-like taste out of it. Wasn't offensive, but kinda dull; my friend felt the same.

Still in a drawer waiting for later are Taro and Lime; and some sort of Asian Spicy.

Most of the rest of the novel choices were either ones I had tried, or the seafood ones, which sound unappealing to me on chips.

While there, I also glanced at the novel flavours of Kit Kat from Japan..........Melon-White Chocolate sounded vaguely amusing, but it was a rather large portion (in a bag) and ran over $5, and I didn't feel that strongly about it. Its Kit Kat, it doesn't taste very good normally.
Agreed on both chip flavours.

While I'm occasionally intrigued by some of the Asian Kit Kat flavours out there, I refuse to budge from my many years long boycott of Nestle to try any.

Back