386     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 672     0 

Seaton Village / Koreatown / Christie Pits

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
A new thread just to create some separation from the neighbouring Annex area.

-----------

Beginning it with a plan to convert this triplex to a fourplex, along Euclid Ave just north of the Bloor Koreatown retail strip. Existing building seen in the middle property pictured below.

Now if only zoning can be opened up to allow for much more new missing middle buildings along residential side streets like this.

708 EUCLID AVE
Ward 11: University-Rosedale

Proposal to construct full third storey with balcony and partial 4th storey addition with rooftop terrace to existing 3-Unit dwelling converting to 4-unit Dwelling. New staircase to be built in front yard

euclid.JPG

Another drop in the bucket multi-unit housing proposed, this one on Manning Ave just north of Bloor W. From my understanding it replaces a single family house:

674 MANNING AVE

To construct a new three-storey duplex with a front porch, a front second storey balcony, a front third storey balcony, and a rear basement walkout. Also, to permit three parking spaces in the rear yard, abutting the laneway.

Last edited:
Another drop in the bucket multi-unit housing proposed, this one on Manning Ave just north of Bloor W. From my understanding it replaces a single family house:

674 MANNING AVE

To construct a new three-storey duplex with a front porch, a front second storey balcony, a front third storey balcony, and a rear basement walkout. Also, to permit three parking spaces in the rear yard, abutting the laneway.

The local nimbys will be outraged and do everything possible to prevent this riff-raff encroachment on their treasured yellowbelt neighbourhood!

The local nimbys will be outraged and do everything possible to prevent this riff-raff encroachment on their treasured yellowbelt neighbourhood!

Three storey megahomes would be fine right away, but new multiplex residential would have years of jumping through of hoops and maybe they'll get clearance of course. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
A couple articles on 828 Shaw Street, the lowrise apartment that burned down after a fire happened last month in January:

Work being done on the "Peaks & Rafters" building at Dupont & Manning. Which includes the eastern section which used to be a cannabis shop (and gym before that) being demolished:

20220212_094400.jpg
20220212_094515.jpg

A new weed shop has opened at this recently completed multi-unit building on Dupont just west of Manning:

20220305_112107.jpg

A couple other views of the Peaks & Rafters building construction work east of Manning:

20220305_112141.jpg
20220305_112220.jpg

The 931 Manning building is becoming a house, designed by LGA.

On an arterial road, where the previous use was commercial; and the neighbours still are.........

That makes no sense (to me)

* I can't find a legal address of 931 Manning.....; I get 929 followed by 585 Dupont..........just to achieve clarity.

For this to become a single family home is a net loss. Especially as the whole property used to be two different commercial units. This really should've remained mixed-use with retail at grade, extend the built form all the way to the laneway again, and maybe add a third storey with the upper floors for multi-unit residential usage.

657 Bloor Street West is listed for sale and considered a "development site". It's a bit east of Manning Ave on the south side of Bloor:

20220528_204831.jpg

The former KFC/Taco Bell at the NE corner of Bloor W & Euclid in Koreatown is becoming a Mary Brown's.

Still a fairly small site on it's own, but I thought it would've been a suitable candidate to intensify into a 6 or 7 storey midrise on that corner.

Last edited:
The former KFC/Taco Bell at the NE corner of Bloor W & Euclid in Koreatown is becoming a Mary Brown's.

Still a fairly small site on it's own, but I thought it would've been a suitable candidate to intensify into a 6 or 7 storey midrise on that corner.
Perfect location for a midrise, although until then I'm looking forward to enjoying their superior fried chicken!

Back