Status
Not open for further replies.
Batman villain Bane.

Bane_TDKR3.jpg

Attachments

• Bane_TDKR3.jpg
    Bane_TDKR3.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 835
Yeah, I was going to point that out too. But that is the only part of the burbs Gee mentioned. The great thing about the burbs is the parks and access to nature. Toronto has some fantastic green spaces.

Touche - he does, once, mention the Rouge River. Not Rouge Park, which people can enjoy, but the river itself "rushing down to the lake," as if it's in a hurry to get to where all that other good stuff is. I don't wanna be melordramatic and say it's the same city/suburbs divide Ford exploits but it is a very narrow description of Toronto in a "poem" that's supposed to be about how grand it is. #fail.

Last edited:
Rouge River is so far east it's almost Pickering.

Sure, Toronto is also endless hectares of suburban sprawl spreading like a cancer, dotted with malls filled with US chain stores too but that doesn't have the same panache.

No US chain stores downtown?

Sugar Beach and Councillor Denzil Minnan-Wong

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2014/06/27/sugar_beach_a_sweet_deal_for_the_city_hume.html

Christopher Hume Toronto Star June 27, 2014:

"Every city has its Denzil Minnan-Wong, the guy at the back of the crowd shouting about the price of things long after the cheque has been cashed.

But in the case of Sugar Beach, the latest object of the councillor’s self-righteous indignation, the money was exceptionally, perhaps uniquely, well spent. By any standard, the place is a huge success; more important, it has changed the way people feel about the post-industrial waterfront. Thanks to Sugar Beach, and a few other Waterfront Toronto interventions, people are flocking to live in parts of the city they once drove through without noticing."

Collage by Kelly Girl

Attachments

• Densil Minnan-WongWithZombiesAtSugarBeach.jpg
    Densil Minnan-WongWithZombiesAtSugarBeach.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 597

I think that's an old photo. Still, to drop 8 pant size in 60 days is simply unbelievable. I wait for the great unveiling on Monday!

Also, looking at Jimmi T's football photo on twitter, Rob was way slimmer back then. I reckon he must have packed on an extra 10 lbs every year since.

I think that's an old photo. Still, to drop 8 pant size in 60 days is simply unbelievable. I wait for the great unveiling on Monday!

Also, looking at Jimmi T's football photo on twitter, Rob was way slimmer back then. I reckon he must have packed on an extra 10 lbs every year since.

Maybe he got a lipo?

AoD

Ugh. CP24 is reporting on Rob's 450 hours of rehab. Why does the media just repeat crap without doing some basic math? It is so easy to disprove these blatant lies rather than repeating them. Where is the responsible journalism?

When the Globe ownership was willing to kneecap their editorial board in order to endorse the un-electable Tim Hudak, it became crystal clear that when it comes to promoting elite-friendly politicians, risking the paper's reputation isn't a concern that registers.

Until they (the elite shareholders) start to complain that sales are tanking... then it is their own fault. Nobody likes to back a loser or lose their own money on a bad bet. Next time the elites probably change their voting habits.

LOL! Seriously, I can see Rob looking like that if he dropped another 8 pant sizes, on top of the 8 that Doug said he had dropped!

Weight loss from water loss does not count as... what am I saying, if there is any loss then it is probably from enemas, a Ford favourite.

Anyone remember the game holding "an address" in a small place before? And the issue of restricting questions asked by the media is nothing new, it's all about transparency folks.

Touche - he does, once, mention the Rouge River. Not Rouge Park, which people can enjoy, but the river itself "rushing down to the lake," as if it's in a hurry to get to where all that other good stuff is. I don't wanna be melordramatic and say it's the same city/suburbs divide Ford exploits but it is a very narrow description of Toronto in a "poem" that's supposed to be about how grand it is. #fail.
The "festival... of Japanese film" took place at the Japanese Canadian Cultural Centre up at Don Mills and Eglinton; it may not be the heart of suburbia but it's definitely quite a bit north of Queen. And I'm also pretty sure the majority of the 99 libraries, 1600 parks and 51 rinks are outside downtown, unless you're saying suburbanites don't care about or use these things.

Casa Loma is most definitely north of Queen and west of Spadina, though sure it's still within Old Toronto.

The Don Valley doesn't really have much "autumn colours" south of Gerrard let alone Queen, and arguably the best foliage is in its deep ravines up in North York.

And really? The Rouge "rushing down" means it's in a hurry to get to the lake, and not referring to its valley up in north Scarborough where it actually has rapids that are "rushing" and making sound?

I think you dost protest too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back